Project Bandaloop

Started by Coach Sommer, December 4, 2011 · 6 Replies · 4,003 Views

Coach Sommer


A very interesting dance/acrobatic troop which performs on the sides of skyscrapers and cliffs.

The rigging is somewhat similar to, but more advanced than, an aerial skiing rig that I had a chance to play in many years ago. Surprisingly the feeling of flipping sideways was very similar to that of vertical flipping. Outside of it just being plain fun, I was particularly interested to note that while I was able to perform triple backs and double layouts in the harness (while wearing a suit and tie no less), my students who had not yet learned those skills were not able to. It turns out that even though the aerial harness supported you and kept you from crashing, you still needed to fire the correct muscles in the correct sequence with the appropriate amount of force in order to generate rotation.

Finally something that an old dog could do better than the young whippersnappers 8).

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Uzeeh
... I was particularly interested to note that while I was able to perform triple backs and double layouts in the harness (while wearing a suit and tie no less) ...

Haha, got to do it with style! :lol:

Desiree Walker

That looks so fun!! Incredible art and athletic work! And What a cool job to have ---hmmm - wonder if there hiring :lol::lol:

Coach Sommer
desi said:
That looks so fun!! Incredible art and athletic work! And What a cool job to have ---hmmm - wonder if they're hiring?

For you desi, they are always hiring. Just let me know and I'll make some calls :wink:.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Desiree Walker
Coach Sommer said:
desi said:
That looks so fun!! Incredible art and athletic work! And What a cool job to have ---hmmm - wonder if they're hiring?

For you desi, they are always hiring. Just let me know and I'll make some calls :wink:.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

LOL - beyond tempting esp. at 5 pm after work on Mondays :roll: :lol:

Coach Sommer

Don't let it fret you too much. My friends who do this type of work say that the glamour and excitement wear off after you have done the 10 shows/week, week in and week out for a while.

Strange though, while they all talk about how it just becomes another job, none of them are running off in search of new employment!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA why am I not surprised?