Today Shane Williams a truly phenomenal Rugby talent (and also a gifted gymnast in his youth) has retired. Without a doubt one of the best attacking players ever, having scored 58 international tries for Wales. He possesses an amazing turn of speed and a lethal sidestep, which despite his (comparatively) small size has made him a key player in the Welsh squad over the last decade. I for one am very sad to see him go. Hope you enjoy this video of some of his best moments ![]()
Shane Williams
Started by Joseff Lea, December 3, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,109 Views
The WIZARD!!!!
Truly among the best players, one of my favorite ever, to me only second to Goldie (Jeff Wilson).you never know what could have happened with him on the pitch, a real threath to any opposition.
Thanks for sharing it.
When playing rugby , on defense that is the kind of player I'm always worried about (not the massive guys). Because nippy little guys like that not only can step every direction but have you going out of your head when your lined up against them.
Truly a great player and a joy to watch. Sad to see him go, but after watching the world cup I think Wales has a bright future in the next few years.
yeah... when such short guys play at the top level in sports like rugby and american football, that really means they have something special to overcome the size gap.
here's the linked video:
OOXwCZG-eqA
A very classy winger with an incredible record. Finesse and speed.
The try he scores at 41s in the clip above was incredible. I remember watching it live and that is arguably the best inside out run I've ever seen. He beat three Springboks flat.