Planche progressions floor vs parallettes

Started by Cannon Turner, December 2, 2011 · 5 Replies · 6,808 Views

Cannon Turner

Anyone else have this issue and does it even matter?

First off, I'm new and I do have the book...

When training the planche progressions I find it WAY easier to train on the paralettes then the floor. Currently I am holding tucked variations for sets of 8 seconds...but if I do them on the floor I can only hold for like 2 seconds...I guess the extra leg space helps.

My question: does this matter? Should I only be training them on the floor? What are you all doing?

Julekman

Hello, I think there is a chance that you will stuck very soon with this, if not injured first, go back to the post prerequisites, read all, and accomplish that first before even think about planche.Good luck !

Evilllamas

I found it easier to balance initially on the floor as well, and there was allot less strain on my wrists.

I can't do a tuck planche yet, but can hold the advanced frog for a minute, I just kept doing the frog stand though, and my balance has improved allot, and now I can do it for a long time on the floor.

If you haven't worked the previous progressions, this may be your problem.

Michael Miskelly

Parallettes take out much of the wrist strength required compared to hands on the floor, I can get an advanced tuck on parallettes but only tuck on floor. I only train on the floor now because I want the wrist strength and using the parallettes gives you an unrealistic feeling of progression which can lead to an injury.

Cannon Turner

Ok… that makes sense. Thanks guys.

haui

i only work on the floor planche.

At the beginning (Frog) my wrists also where nor flexible engough.

But now this is not the problem anymore.

I tried the adv. Tuck sometimes at paralles and i think it is easier there.

But my goal is to do this on the floor