Routine

Started by fireman, December 2, 2011 · 13 Replies · 3,572 Views

fireman

The last year i had more time and i was doing WOD with good results. This year i haven't got much time and i've decided to stablish a 2 days routine, with 2 goals by the moment. This is my routine and i would like you to critique it.

GOALS: 10''' Straight Flag and L-sit to press-handstand (Straight arms) hold handstand and go to l-sit again.

DAY A)

Warming Up

4x5'' Straddle flag.

10 HLL, 10 WindshieldWhippes, 10 HLL, 10 WindshieldWhippers.

4x10 Pull-ups (Wide-arms)

4x10 Curls

3x10Wall extensions

DAY B)

Warming Up

5 Negatives from Stand position to L-sit.

4x5 Wall Press Handstand (Straddle)

4x10 (HSPU box with full Rom)

4x10 Dips (Weighted)

What do you think about? I train it 3 times a week and i do alternative training days. If you think that it's a good routine I'll upload two videos. Thanks you very much!

Blairbob

Sure, why not.

More press HS. Whether it's just negatives or during easier warmup progressions.

fireman

3x5 negatives from stand position to-sit would be better? Reverse leg lifts in stall-bars? What would you advice me?

I forgot 3x10 wrist push-ups at the end of the day B.

I'll upload a video this week.

Coach Sommer

The Stall Bar RLL is a good thought and I would also add body levers to your Side Lever Day.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

fireman

What do you think about this new structure?

DAY A)

*Warming UP:

Ido's scapula and shoulder mobilization routine

20 Rows

30 V-ups

30 ArchUps

30 Oblique crunches

*4 Rounds: (5' between rounds)

5'' Straddle Flag both sides

(Rest 2,5')

5 Body Levers Straddle

(Rest 2,5')

10 Hanging Leg Lifts/10 Windshield Wipers

*Pull Work:

4x10 Wide Pull-ups

4x10 Reverse Curls on Rings.

*Finish the workout with 3x10 Wall extensions + Full Body Stretches.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAY B)

*Warming Up:

Ido's scapula and shoulder mobilization routine.

20 Push-ups

30 V-ups

30 ArchUps

30 Oblique crunches

*4 Rounds of: (Rest 5' between rounds)

3 Negatives from stand position to L-sit (5'' Of Static L-sit)

(Rest 2,5')

5 Straddle wall press-handstand.

(Rest 2,5')

10 Stall-Bars Reverse Leg Lifts.

*Push Work:

4x10 Handstand Push-Ups Box.

4x10 Dips (Weighted).

*Finish de Workout with 3x10 Wrist Push-ups and Full body Stretches.

fireman

Bad day for recording,I was tired because of the week. However, i record theese 3 drills so as to you can critique me all posible.

3tK83qNj31I

fireman

Some advice please?

Blairbob

Lean more forward into planche.

Work on tighter knees and pointed toes in Wall Press HS and RLL. Is this simply due to tight hamstrings?

I would like to see when doing the Wall Press HS that the shoulder doesn't sag. This happens as you get tired and I've dealt with the same thing when pushing reps and then the back alignment goes.

fireman

Thanks you very much. I'll record it again when i've got time, and i'll try to correct all.

fireman
Blairbob said:

I would like to see when doing the Wall Press HS that the shoulder doesn't sag. This happens as you get tired and I've dealt with the same thing when pushing reps and then the back alignment goes.

Sorry, should I press up with my shoulders?

fireman

v-sP2dSkPJ0

I tried to fix my fails, but i still have some problems for straight my knees.

Do you see more fails?

Thanks you very much!

fireman

I have a doubt concerning my planche because i'm not sure if i'm activating the correct muscles. I feel that i'm doing the most part of the tension with my deltoid muscles, arms... I've read that it's important to activate lats and serratus muscles. However,when doing the exercise i feel less tension on them. When i do a back lever I feel much more tension in my lats and serratus muscles. Can that tension (Back-Lever) be compared to the tension that i must apply to my planche? In that case, i don't know what to do for correcting it. Thanks!

fireman

Hi, here i have a new video with some drills of my flag training day. I'll wait your feed-backs.Thank you :)

vfug3e7pZk8

Brutus

I see a problem I also had in the stomach to wall HS.

I think you touch the wall with your chest because you don´t squeeze your buttocks enough making your back arch a little bit further from the vertical.