This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111202

Started by Coach Sommer, December 2, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,039 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of: 1-3 MU, 1-3 XR L-sit press shoulder stand, 1-3 XR HSPU, 1-3 Tick Tocks

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds PL Lean

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Perform from 1-3 repetitions on each of the exercises in the ring strength series depending on how many repetitions your current strength level will allow you to perform correctly. Each of the exercises may have a different number of repetitions as necessary; e.g. 3 MU & 1 XR L-sit press shoulder stand etc.

2) Choose the most challenging BL & FL variation that you are capable of using for the Tick Tocks.

3) Perform the most difficult MU variation that you are capable of performing without kipping or swinging. If MU is too easy, then substitute Rev MU or Galimores or Roeslers.

4) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Rings Strength 3 essay.

5) If XR Press Shoulder Stand is too easy, then substitute a XR Press HS.

6) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

7) You should however rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets. Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL and then move immediately to the PL Lean and then move immediately to the German Hang.

9) To perform PL Leans assume a pushup position with the XR adjusted to just off of the floor. Now keeping the elbows locked and the body completely straight, lean as far forward as possible into a correct PL position. Your feet will remain on the ground for the entire repetition.

10) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Vincent Stoyas

What is a tick tock? I've attempted to find it and I found one video on youtube, but it looked like a 360 pull. either she did it wrong or I'm missing the variation within it?

Josh Schmitter
Vincearoo said:
What is a tick tock? I've attempted to find it and I found one video on youtube, but it looked like a 360 pull. either she did it wrong or I'm missing the variation within it?

Ok, somebody's gotta ask: Do you have the book? If not, barring any mitigating circumstances, it's really only Coach's call to explain any exercises therein. That's part of what makes this work; a wealth of free information here, only fully useful after purchasing the book/giving some support.

Vincent Stoyas

Oh, is it in the book? I didn't remember it in there. Thanks, I'll look it up. And definitely, I made sure to buy my rings from this site too, to make sure I gave Coach my full support.

Josh Schmitter
Vincearoo said:
Oh, is it in the book? I didn't remember it in there. Thanks, I'll look it up. And definitely, I made sure to buy my rings from this site too, to make sure I gave Coach my full support.

Just making sure :). Ya, almost all the exercises are in there, and if not, are usually video referenced in the WOD or elsewhere. Tick Tocks, pg. 151...the glossary is your friend :).

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 3 rounds

[-3 Chair Dips(2121)/1:40 rest

-3 Pull ups(2121)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU + roll)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

-5min Rest]

-2 more set of 3 dips/pulls

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Dips/Pulls felt really good. Will probably keep it the same for 1 more WOD before upping sets.

-GH were very uncomfortable today, mostly in shoulders due to yesterdays CWW/pushing.

Tyler Schmitz

3 sets:

2 MU, 2 l-sit press to sh stand, XR HSPU, 2 tick tocks (half lay fl and full lay bl)

5 rds of 15 sec each:

adv tuck FL

PL lean

german hang

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU (3 rounds)

Shoulder routine

Did 3 sets of:

"BRS 1" (instead of MU I did 2 False grip Pull ups + 2 ring dips + Support hold on rings + BL tuck + FL tuck)

5x15 L-hang

5x15 Pl lean

5x15 GH

Finished with: 1x10 Wall extensions

notes: BL and FL felt much better today..firmness and strength throughout the hands and shoulder girdle :) ..very motivating!