Front lever elbow position?

Started by dacicsak, December 1, 2011 · 3 Replies · 3,613 Views

dacicsak

I have been doing front levers with almost retracted scapulas i cant pull them together totally...is it problem???

and should my elbows look to the sides or looking backwards?

which is the proper position for the elbows to hit the correct muscles in front lever?

I would appreciate some detailed information!

Thank you very much!

dacicsak

Blairbob

Crease of elbow point up or towards up. It's not an exact thing and will depend on how your elbows are naturally (hyperextension, neutral, or lack of 180 degrees).

Coach Sommer

On front lever work it is not necessary to over-rotate the elbows; the crease of the elbow pointing inward to the torso is fine.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

TY, Coach Sommer. I was just noticing what direction my elbows pointed and they tend to point upward diagonally.