This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111128

Started by Coach Sommer, November 28, 2011 · 5 Replies · 1,681 Views

Coach Sommer

trvd6vsIE2o

Perform 3 rounds of the following:

5 GHR

10 Weighted SLS

5 Weighted RLL

20m Sled Sprint

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

notes:

1) Perform today’s workout as a modified giant set. Perform the GHR and then rest 60 seconds, perform the Weighted SLS and then rest 60s, perform the RLL and rest 60s, finally perform the Sled Sprint and then rest for 3-5 minutes before beginning the next set.

2) The weights used for the RLL and SLS should be very challenging for the 5 repetitions.

3) Alternate legs for each repetition of the Weighted SLS.

4) Add sufficient weight to the sled/tire sprints to make the sprints quite challenging; the running should be very strenuous. If your quads are not seriously fatigued, you are not working hard enough.

5) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground in front of you while you are sprinting backward, have a partner pulling against you during the sprint with a long strap.

6) DO NOT skip the aggregate straddle L work at the end of the workout.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Taking a whole week off. See you guys next week.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x3 rounds*)

Ido's Squat Routine

WOD:3 rounds/rx'd rests

5 GHR

10 SLS

5 HeS RLL unweighted

20m Sled Sprint up slight incline(1st round just sled/51lbs, rounds 2+3 80lbs)

4x15s Straddle L PB bent(60s rests).

Standard Leg day stretching

Notes:

*Moved to 3 rounds for my Pre-req WU. Dropped back times for Plank and Support(both to 30s).

-GHR and SLS still tough, but is feeling easier bit by bit(not as done by the last set). I was going to do RLL off my shelf today, but there is too much in use on it at the moment. Sled sprints good at 80lbs...first round just sled to see how it felt.

Vincent Stoyas

Perform 3 rounds of the following:

5 GHR

10 SLS

5 HeS RLL

10 Calf Raises

Finished with 1x5 210lb Deadlift.

2SBIuDoqNsw

I only did 2 rounds of GHR and I wanted to finish with 3x5 DLs, but I ran out of time.

I do not know the progressions to a GHR, but I attempted it anyways. I believe that there shouldn't be forward bend like in my video. I didn't think I was bending that much, but that's what a video is good for, right? I did see some videos on youtube afterwards with people using a band that goes around their chest, I suppose it's time to invest in one? I did feel some work in my posterior chain, so I guess I did it at least slightly correct.

Everything else felt very good today. HeS Leg lifts felt very nice, but I think my form is poor on those too.

Rehabbing my knee still, it's been chronically bad so I removed the weighted sled sprints. When I feel stronger, I will begin to do sprints again, but not for now.

As always, be as harsh with critiques as you'd like.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU(x3 rounds)

Shoulder routine

3 rounds/rx'd rests

5 NLC (partials)

10 Deck SLS (5 each leg)

5 HeS RLL weighted

20m Sprint (partner pulling against me)

Finished with 4*15 Straddle L (low PB)

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Back from Week Break and starting where I left off:

General Warmup/Stretch

Focus on Knees & Hips

3 Rounds:

5 GHR on GHD Machine (20#)

Rest 60s

10 Total OH SLS/Alt (25#)

Rest 60s

5 Weighted RLL (BW)

Rest 60s

20m Buddy Elastic Sprint

Rest 3-5 mins

Finish with 60s total straddle stretching.