Initial FSP Prerequisites

Started by Finn Frank, November 27, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,502 Views

Finn Frank

j8hxGjYyQ1A

Plank (feet elevated) - 1min 16s

Reverse plank (feet elevated) - 1min 33s

Dish hold - 33s

Arch hold - 30s

PB support - 56s

Chin up grip dead hang - 1min 40s

Stomach to wall HS - 40s

Here is my current level on the prerequisites. I tested my maxes today and will be starting my first serious steady state (I will actually keep this one going). Any advice on these holds to start with? Or tips for building up to 3x60s on the prerequisites?

Thanks

Blairbob

Make sure you squeeze your glutes (your butt cheeks) during front plank.

PB support looks like you are not pushing all the way down with your shoulders. Well to me. It's at an odd angle and the left looks funky compared to the right.

Per one of the generals commenting on Steve Rogers pre Vita Ray and serum, " Somebody get that kid a sandwich! " In the movie, Captain America.

Finn Frank

Thanks Blairbob,

- Squeeze glutes in front plank, got it!

- About my shoulders in PB support I'm a little unsure. When I watched the video I thought I had just forgotten to shrug properly, then I jumped back on after a minutes rest and I tried hard to push more but no difference. So I think that's the limit of my strength right now.

- I'm not sure about the unevenness,I've never noticed that before it may be the angle. Which camera angle would you suggest if I post another PB support video?

And that last comment went straight over my head :P

Blairbob

Post the PB support straight on during the video.

In general during gymnastics, squeeze your butt, most of the time.