This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Finnbar's Log

Started by Finn Frank, November 27, 2011 · 34 Replies · 1,605 Views

Finnbar

HS1 training today after break for way too long.

All wrist work 4x4r

HS/PE2 2x48s

HS/PE1 IM 4x10s @ 50cm @>3kg

HS/PE2 IM 4x10s @ 50cm @>3kg

Good session, didn't go through all of the headstand work for time reasons blah blah.

I'd say that the iM work was using to much weight (cheap barbell is still a lot heavier that the curtain pile I use at uni).

Finnbar

Week 1 F1 Workout:

 

 

FL/PE1 (3x12s)

sPL/PE1 (3x3r)

HBP/PE1 (3x3r)

RC/PE1 (3x3r)

 

Notes:

- RC/PE1 is still a little tricky and I'm still figuring out the right level for the rings and where I should posiion myself relative to the anchor point.

- HBP/PE1 feels good, trying hard to pull my elbows right in (although not touching my sides)

     - I did try the mastery 3 days ago and although I got through all the reps and iMs I was struggling near the end and have pretty severe DOMS these last two days. A lot of that is because I've had  a good few weeks off! Either way I'm going to start at the bottom.

Finnbar

Currently on Week 2 of F1 starting everything from PE1 Week 1. Second owrkout of the week today. Feeling good but the 5 sets of ABH and SLS/PE1 are definitely tougher than the 3 sets. All in all looking pretty good.

After my workout I tried some bench press for the first proper time. Though it'd be fun to test. I managed the following:

8 reps @ 40kg

6 reps @ 60kg

0 reps @ 85kg (bodyweight) <- failed and no where near managed it.

0 reps @ 80kg <- very close, down to chest and 80% of the way up*

At 80kg I managed right down to chest with moderate tempo and then about 70% of the way up to straight arms I was really struggling. Started to feel a lot of pressure in lateral aspects of lower abdomin and thought better of pushing that as this exercise is completely novel to me.

Decided to quit while I was ahead on that one instead of lowering the weight to find my 1RM. Seemed like the smart choice after a silly over-reach.

So I know my 1RM for bench is somewhere between 60kg and 80kg and I would hazzard a guess around 75kg. I'm not planning to start benching I just wanted to try and see.

It'll be very interesting to see whether when I progress through F1-4 my bench improves much. Maybe I'll retest in a few years...

Finnbar

Week 3 F1 Workout:

FL/PE1 (3x24s)

sPL/PE1 (3x6r)

HBP/PE1 (3x6r)

RC/PE1 (3x6r)

Notes:

FL/PE1 is pretty tough at 24 seconds

Also sPL/PE1 is a decent challenge at 6 reps

Enjoying the higher reps and hold :) so far...

Finnbar

Week 5 - F1A


FL/PE1 (4x24s)

    FL/PE1>iM
sPL/PE1 (4x6r)

  sPL/PE1>iM
HBP/PE1 (4x6r)

   HBP/PE1>iM
RC/PE1 (4x6r)
   RC/PE1>iM
 

Notes:

- Good workout.

- RC/PE1 is still tough on the grip, particularly when paired with a lat stretch iM!

Finnbar

Week 5 - F1B

 

SL/PE1:

4x24s

   10r SL/PE1-iM after eachwork set

 

MN/PE1:

4x6r

   5r MN/PE1-iM after each work set

 

SLS/PE1:

4x6r

   10r SLS/PE1-iM after each work set

 

3x30s

+
1x60s Pike Lean stretch (MN/PE3-iM) to help this pike/pancake along.

 

Notes:

- SL/PE1 is feeling pretty strong in the shape but still feeling the endurance element!

- MN/PE1 feels easy-ish.

- MN/PE1-iM is still very awkward and difficult to feel the stretch in legs/hips for the pike. Feel mostly in shoulder and sides of trunk.

- SLS/PE1 is feeling good and getting to feet pretty much every time, having to separate knees but feet are touching.

- SLP/PE1-iM is still a little challenging but it feels like a good ROM.

- All-in-all a good workout, definitely getting a sweat on at the end. Was helpful to get warm for stretch.

- MN/PE3-iM was with bar at hip height or lower and feet planted ~30 back from bar.

Finnbar

Week 5 - H1

 

WRS #1-4
 
WP/PE1:
4x2r
FKP/PE1:
4x2r
WR/PE1:
4x2r
FTP/PE1:
4x2r
------
HS/PE2:
4x24s
 
10s HS/PE1-iM  50cm @ 2.5kg after each work set
&
10s HS/PE2-iM  50cm @ 2.5kg after each work set
 
Notes:
- Session only took 12 minutes :S Good excuse to do this more often (as work capacity permits).
- Have missed sessions a lot and even some whole weeks so basically restarting, week 5 seems a very comfortable place to restart so that's good.
- Impingey type pain in right shoulder on HS/PE-iM1, perhaps to do with rotation but not sure. Keep an eye on this.
- HS/PE2 is very easy for 24 seconds, will film next session to check form as ribs prob need pulling in and PPT etc.
- Happy with this session and can't wait until the next one.
Finnbar

Week 5 - F1A + H1

 

H1

 

 

WRS #1-4
 
WP/PE1:
4x2r
FKP/PE1:
4x2r
WR/PE1:
4x2r
FTP/PE1:
4x2r
------
HS/PE2:
4x24s
 
10s HS/PE1-iM  50cm @ 1.25kg after each work set
&
10s HS/PE2-iM  50cm @ 2.5kg after each work set

------

F1

 

FL/PE1:

4x24s

 

5r FL/PE1-iM

after each work set

 

SPL/PE1:

4x6r

 

5r SPL/PE1-iM after each work set

 

HBP/PE1:

4x6r

 

10r HBP/PE1-iM

after each work set

 

RC/PE1:

4x6r

 

30s RC/PE1-iM

after each work set

 

Notes:

- FL/PE1, trying to round the dish more by pulling shoulders off floor in prep. for the rolling in FL/PE2, last set felt almost to failure.

- Slight pain/tightness in elbow after last set of HBP/PE1, don't remember which side.

- Still slight pain in 1st set of HS/PE2-iM.

- No pain at all in 2nd, 3rd or 4th set of HS/PE2-iM

- Workout <40mins. H1 section was <15 mins.

Finnbar

Week 5 - F1B

 

SL/PE1:

4x24s

   10r SL/PE1-iM after eachwork set

 

MN/PE1:

4x6r

   5r MN/PE1-iM after each work set

 

SLS/PE1:

4x6r

   10r SLS/PE1-iM after each work set

 

2x30s

+

1x45s

+
1x60s Pike Lean stretch (MN/PE3-iM) to help this pike/pancake along.

 

Notes:

- SL/PE1 fwwling very difficult today! nearly to failure on 3rd set and perhaps 4th set was not even properly exceuted.

- MN/PE1-iM is much improved since seeing Sommer's point about one foot being turned out, looked closely at video and now feeling good stretch in the opposite side to the weight arm.

- SLS/PE1 + SLP/PE1-iM, by the end of this workout I was really flagging so these weren't great today, failed to get up several rolling squats but repeated those reps.

- Whole session was a bit of a struggle, not so sure what to put it down to.

-- Lack of recovery (perhaps F1x4 and H1x2[esp as Wed/Thursday and today is friday] is too much for me right now)

-- Diet, am feeling a bit underfed today but that may be the lack of rest bringing me down.

 

None the less, rest over the weekend and I'll have 2 whole days until Week 6 starts. Based ont hat weeks I'll evaluate my position.
 

Finnbar

I think I'll be moving my workout log offline until the logs are public again