This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111124

Started by Coach Sommer, November 24, 2011 · 7 Replies · 1,871 Views

Coach Sommer

208gsUy9S-c

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Russian Dips

1 Embedded BL + 5 Half Neg MU

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Russian HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Curl/Dip variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 214 for the Russian Dip and the Russian HLL. As such, for the Under-grip HLL the breakdown of the tempo will be a 2 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a controlled 4 second descent.

5) The assigned tempo for today’s GB WOD will not apply to the Half Neg MU; simply perform this element as slowly as you are able.

6) Add weight as necessary to the any of the exercises to make them very challenging for the five repetitions.

7) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Josh Schmitter

Extra thanks for always posting on the holidays Coach. Also, happy genocide day to all.

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x2 rounds)

WOD: 3 sets each:

15s PB Lsit tuck(90/90)+ 5 Tempo Dips

-1st set:full

-2nd set:3 full, 2 foot assisted ascent

-3rd set:2 full, 3 foot assisted ascent

15s GH + 5 Tempo Chins

-1st set:full

-2nd set:3 full, 2 pallet band(2) assist

-3rd set:2 full, 3 pallet band(3) assist

15s L-sit Hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo HLL half(145 degrees knee angle)

10 BWW(5,5 about 4 steps down...these are still ridiculously hard with straight arms)

Notes:

-Warm up sets:Knee/Floor Push ups + Foot Sup. Rows.

-Dips very trying. Was happy to get through the first set completely, but I am still toying w/ subbing to XR push ups for sets 2+3 for similar WOD's.

-For the Chins, should have used 4 pallet bands on all the assists. I pushed my grip/forearms really hard, which would have been ok if not for the HLL after. Took a little extended rest(4min) between Chins and HLL.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Gym was tight today was moving fast to get done quick :?

General Warmup/Stretch

Focus on Shoulders/Elbows/Wrists

FSPs: HS facing Wall, German Hang, Tuck L-Sit (went through quick)

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded L-Sit (Parallettes)

Rest 10-20s

5 Tempo Russian Dips

Rest 1-2 mins

1 Embedded Straddle Back Lever

Rest 10-20s

5 Half Negative Muscle Ups

Rest 1-2 mins

1 Embedded VBL-H @ 45 Degrees

Rest 10-20s

5 Tempo HLL

Rest 1-2 mins

Finished with 10 Bridge Wall Walks.

Notes: Tempo was 2s Ascent, 1s Pause, 4s Descent.

Tomorrow I got my miltiary Fitness test so that will be my workout. Then I'll work on Pre/Re-hab.

See you guys next week!

Vincent Stoyas

Completed 2 sets of each:

1 Embedded PB L-sit + 5 Tempo Ring Dips

1 Embedded BL + Nothing. Afraid of pulling exercises right now.

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo HLL

It felt pretty good today, but I still feel weak. I'm gonna just do 2 rounds in each of the WODS for a while until I feel comfortable again to do 3.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong in my pull ups, but I believe it's the transition from the dead hang to the pulling motion. It feels like trash whenever I try to do it. I've never had problems before, I don't know why I am now. Just trying to take it slow now.

Oh, I made a video, feel free to tell me how my movements are garbage. I figure it's time to get a little bit more serious bout training, so hopefully videos will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJHO58GNT68

Mark Wyly

@vincearoo. Solid effort being put forth in the videos. I always video even tho i dont usually post just because it forces me to push without compromise on form. Keep It up man.

Got a day behind but good wod coach thnx!!!!

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU(x3 rounds)

Shoulder routine

Completed 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded FX L-sit + 5 Tempo Russian Dips (partials as Slizz suggested)

1 Embedded tuck BL + 5 Inverted Chin ups (tuck)

1 Embedded L-hang + 5 Tempo HLL

Finished with 1x10 Bridge Wall Walks

Did 10 sec. of L-sit in last round..pretty heavy WOD for my core..

Ivan Uzarevic1
ewethestuff said:
Question about this WOD:

"5 Half Neg MU" -- basically Russian Dips on XRs, yes?

We're not doing Half Reverse MUs, the inverted curl variation (GB pg. 104). Just want to make sure, thanks!

Actually, I think it is a curl variation..at least thatˡs what I think..in this kind of WOD Back Lever is usually combined with pulling exercise, so..

Jon Douglas
ewethestuff said:
Question about this WOD:

"5 Half Neg MU" -- basically Russian Dips on XRs, yes?

We're not doing Half Reverse MUs, the inverted curl variation (GB pg. 104). Just want to make sure, thanks!

I understand this *is* the reverse muscle-up, or negative thereof. I usually press to shoulderstand and go from there. If it was anything easier, like dips below the transition point, I assume Coach would have given us a tempo for that too.