Feet stretch

Started by chauinc, September 13, 2008 · 4 Replies · 3,458 Views

chauinc

I've been having a problem where during exercises my big toe would retract under the toe next to it causing my foot to cramp. Doesn't anyone know a solution to this?

Jason Ingram

I used to have the same problem where I'd get cramps in the arch of my feet when I flexed my toes. The solution for me was toe flexion/extension exercises to strengthen the muscles in my feet. The exercise itself will probably give you foot cramps, which is a little painful, but just accept it, and soon enough the cramping should be a thing of the past.

chauinc

Can you provide some links or examples?

Jason Ingram

The toe flexion/extension exercise I use is basically:

1. flex your toes - think of trying to make a fist with your feet

2. extend your toes - straighten and spread your toes

Do this as part of your warm-up. I typically do 10-20 repetitions of this exercise. At first you may have to stop when your foot cramps up. When this happens just hold the flexion and accept the slight pain of the cramp.

chauinc

Alright ill give it a shot, thanks.