Form check for some newbie basic holds

Started by rosheem, November 16, 2011 · 8 Replies · 1,853 Views

rosheem

Hi all,

I've been checking out the site and thought it would be a good idea to start by posting a few clips to check my form on some of these basic hold positions.

My understanding is that I should be able to hold the planks, hollow, arch, dead hang, and support for 60s each.

Here are the planks, hollow, and hand stand. I'd rather get the form right first rather than build up to 60s with improper form.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

6-I_cf2OwTc

bjhgeZHSNRo

1sLAXgFd7lw

QwtWT0asrRs

Zwecke

hi,

i am not able to watch the videos at the moment.. My handy makes some issues but for your youtube videos you have a button when editing your post.. And the code you have to insert then is the part behind the = in the youtubelink.. They look like v=xxxxxxxxxx and the x's you have to post between the youtube code brackets after clicking the button..

Have fun and good night

Zwecke

rosheem
Zwecke said:
hi,

They look like v=xxxxxxxxxx and the x's you have to post between the youtube code brackets after clicking the button..

Have fun and good night

Zwecke

Got it! Thanks you for clearing that up!

jl5555

Looks fine.

I noticed in your other Youtube videos a couple of things:

As you are already playing around with HS pushup try to not let the elbows bow out to the side. Have to protect your shoulder.

You might consider using a counter weight in your hands during your pistols. You obviously have good knee flexibility but until you're totally proficient on going from standing all the way down, pause, and then all the way up I would not shoot for the full range of motion unassisted quite yet. Protect that knee.

Zwecke

Hey..

Watched them on the laptop now..

Just can agree to jl5555.. They look pretty finde and controlled :-)

Keep on!!!

Zwecke

Cole Dano

For the most part it's looking fine. Plank, scapula aren't fully protracted and hips could tuck a bit more. Rev Plank, hands a little further away from the chair.

rosheem
jl5555 said:
Looks fine.

Have to protect your shoulder.

Protect that knee.

Yes, and yes. I will make those adjustments. I'm all for anything that protects the joints. Thanks for the tips.

rosheem
Cole Dano said:
For the most part it's looking fine. Plank, scapula aren't fully protracted and hips could tuck a bit more. Rev Plank, hands a little further away from the chair.

Got it, thanks. Boy was I pushing hard to protract the scapula without rounding my upper back too much. Will work on that.

Cole Dano

Yes if you try to prevent rounding the upper back it will look just like that. In a gymnastics plank rounding the upper back is correct, it's part of the hollow body.