Interesting article on 'Linear' Programing

Started by Cole Dano, November 16, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,414 Views

Cole Dano

I found this to be a very informative article giving a good overview of linear programing methods and their advantages for raw lifters. I'm sure the principles can be expanded easily to BW work and those doing there own programing here may find it useful.

http://www.ampedtraining.com/2010/raw-lifting-linear-periodization

Blairbob

Late on this, but I'll chime in.

Linear programming with BW gets trickier since it's not as precise as it can be with a barbell. I've thought about doing for the exercises such as the FBE's. I wouldn't do it for the FSP's. We all know how slow connective tissue rebuilds.

At this time, I'm not ready to attempt something like this which is what I do before I would try it on my own athletes/gymnasts. I would like to play with it at sometime because of my curiosity. However, I need to get back into decent training shape (by getting back towards a decent training body fat and strength level and 6 months of straight training).

I was thinking of first trying to adapt 531 and to see if it was plausible. There is another experiment I want to try but again I want to wait till I have 6 straight months of consistent training and get back to about 10-15% BF around 160-70.

Philip Chubb

I ate a slice of humble pie and decided to use some to see if it could give me some more beginner gains. I also use it on my clients to good effect until they're advanced.

Joshua Naterman

Humble pie is probably the best food to over-eat, especially right before a workout!

I just got a jumbo order a little while ago and it's working out great!

Ryan Libke

I eat humble pie pre and post workout. I eat it with some protein, of course. It helps to watch some of the FSP FBE videos to make sure the humbleness gets into the cells from the bloodstream.

Joshua Naterman
Wolf with one Ear said:
I eat humble pie pre and post workout. I eat it with some protein, of course. It helps to watch some of the FSP FBE videos to make sure the humbleness gets into the cells from the bloodstream.

Oooh, that's smart. Oculo-bionetics is the key to optimal absorption, it would seem.