What makes Circles and Flares easier?

Started by Onyx Dragon, September 12, 2008 · 8 Replies · 2,736 Views

Onyx Dragon

I don't have a pommel mushroom so I can't practice it that way.

On other forums people say having down Straddle L-Sit, L-Sit, Planche.

Would make this alot easier what do you guys think?

If you agree what other moves should I have down to make this easier.

Gregor

You can do a planche and an iron cross and it won't be any easier. It's just about basics strenght preparation and what is the most important milion, milion milion circles.

One of my boy (12 years) do aprox. 150-300 circles per training if you don't count elements like madjar, shivado....

It's more about conditions and technic not special strenght.

For flairs:

1.splits

2.lifting legs to splits (you are standing with other foot) in all kinds of variations.

3.technic

chauinc

If you really want to get circles don't look for some easy way because it will probably take longer then necessary. All you need is motivation and someone that can do circles(or a good online guide). Just keep practicing; I met a guy at a gymnastics place a few weeks back and he said he got circles down in 3 hours with the help of an instructor. He went in not knowing how to even start and with 3 hours of hard work and someone to teach him the hip torquing and hand movements he got it.

So my advice to you is to find a gym with some free gym times and practice the circles there or find a open area(carpet, grass, wood) and practice practice and practice.

Or buy a bucket n rope, hang up the bucket, stick your feet in and do circles. This will give you the strength and the motions for it. I personally like this method the best.

Gregor

Learning one circle or circles is a diffrent storry....

PS:you can rearly see the proper circle technic and almost never the perfect (even in best competitions), so circles are not that simple as it seems.

chauinc
Gregor said:
Learning one circle or circles is a diffrent storry....

If you were referring to my story, he actually managed to get 5-7 circles thats why i was so surprised.

Gregor

With what technic?

For circles you must take time, learning it all wrong means throw away your double time.

Ps: I don't critize, but I'm sceptic about jow those circles looked or looks now....

chauinc
Gregor said:
With what technic?

For circles you must take time, learning it all wrong means throw away your double time.

Ps: I don't critize, but I'm sceptic about jow those circles looked or looks now....

I'm not to sure, they didn't really go into details. The circles weren't perfect but the guy have the motions down he was just missing the aesthetics.

Gregor

Good job for him8) then maybe I'm to much for gymnastics circles :roll: :lol:

PS: I realy like pommel and teaching it, it's kind of my speciality (the most knowledge and joy :oops: ).

Onyx Dragon

Would this video help or would it input bad muscle memory?

I know hif form isn't perfect but would this tutorial be alright to follow?

Instead of using a bucket how about a wheel apparatus thing.

Like something my feet can lay on and a circle wheel ball at the bottom to slide around the ground on.

Do you think that could work?

(If you still don't get what I mean just say so , so I can try and draw a picture of it.)