XR buckle broke! =/

Started by Alex Solis, November 15, 2011 · 8 Replies · 5,533 Views

Alex Solis

I was working my Rings series and suddenly I heard a pop sound, and when I dismounted my rings: oh surprise!! The buckle broke!! :cry: (well, part of it!) Do any of you guys have an idea why it broke? I mean, what the hell!! Also, XR rings have guarantee or something? :?

Falcon

You had them set up the wrong way, no wonder it cracked, there was a lot of pressure on that part.

Alex Solis

And what's the right way? :cry: :?

Cole Dano

I don't think that's the wrong way, it's the tab you push to adjust the straps that broke, he's just holding it so you can read the word press.

Send a PM to Coach Sommer if for some reason he doesn't pick up on this thread himself.

It's very strange that that would break. I sure would try to figure out where the pressure to break it came from as there really shouldn't be anything pressing on the tab.

Falcon

Mr. Brady, he has it set up in a way that the strap is pressing against the buckle, that means he fed the rope the wrong way into the buckle, I don't really know how to explain this and I don't have time nor mood to set up my rings like that to take a photo. :D

Thing is there is just NO WAY that part could break, it's metal, the only time that part of buckle is under pressure is when you set up height of your rings, meaning there is literally no way to break it. You would have to have inhumanly strong fingers to break a piece of metal. And he even didn't break it by setting the rings, it broke when he was on the rings, and for that part, there is zero pressure when you're on them.

The right way? There is "FEED WEB" sing on the side of the buckle, you should feed the strap throught there.

Alex Solis

Falcon is right. I will ulpoad a video of the wrong way to set them up and the right way to set them up, so this misfortune never happens to anyone else!! :cry: :x :cry:

Cole Dano

Yes it's set up wrong, my old eyes couldn't see it as the photo is so dark but it's clear when you zoom the picture.

Mostly likely you are out of luck with any warranty there. The buckle may still function though if you set the rings up correctly, it won't be any fun to adjust though.

Alex Solis

Done, Mr. Cole do you think you could make the topic: "http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7576" a sticky? It has the videos I promised :D

Finn Frank

Great job on the video 3runMX, sorry to here about your mishap. Just glad it didn't cause a fall :).

Its nice to see such a constructive turn out with a video to help people :D