A while back when I had first started trying to set up my own workout, I came on here for some questions. I was having trouble with an exercise (lets say frog stand adv. because i don't remember which one). So I was told if I wanted FSp to be the bulk of my strength work then i should only do 4 or 5 sets. Someone disagreed and said i should do 7 or 8 sets if i could only hold it for 8 seconds.
So, understanding this, my question now becomes, how does one build volume. I thought I understood this concept a little while ago but I realized I really don't. If one plateau's in a specific exercise, how does one build volume to progress further. I have read many threads suggesting to add volume, but I never understood their explanation of volume. Could someone explain it to me please? If there are different ways of doing it for FSP and FBE could someone explain both. BEcause maybe if I learn what it is it will help me get past specific places I am right now