My new planche routine

Started by Yaad Mohammad, November 15, 2011 · 6 Replies · 4,263 Views

Yaad Mohammad

I haven't been able to train my planche for a very long time, because I started on gymnastics and they gave me a whole new routine for other strength moves. Anyway, my advanced tuck planche has gone down, but I made myself a new routine that is going pretty well. I'd like to share it with you guys!

Tuesday:

3 X 5 sec advanced tuck planche

Wednesday:

3 X 6 sec advanced tuck planche

Thursday:

3 X 7 advanced tuck planche

Pause until tuesday again:

3X8 advanced tuck planche

and so on.

So everyday I add 1 second to my advanced tuck planche, I do this for 3 days on a row, take 5 days pause (doing other strength moves requiring less shoulder strength) and repeat.

Ian Legrow

Why don't you just figure out yor max time, divide by two and do an 8 week SSC?

Falcon
IJL said:
Why don't you just figure out yor max time, divide by two and do an 8 week SSC?

Because it doesn't work very well for planche(It works, it's just not as fast). There are faster ways to train it, I won't discuss safety because that is another story, for safety, SSC is good, however he built up straddle planche just by playing with it.

Where's your straddle man? I would rather do 2 days adv tuck, 1 day straddle, or 3 days adv tuck, 1 day straddle, and building up that adv tuck hold to 60s.

Kim Jongseong

I beg to differ. By doing that, You will eventually face limitations. then? you'll have to rest for a long time or hit a plateau. In the long run that the way may make your progression slower. I would rather train hardy planche work once a week, giving connective tissue time to recover, and focus on training FBES like Pressing, core works. The safest, the fastest.

Ian Legrow

Where's your straddle man? I would rather do 2 days adv tuck, 1 day straddle, or 3 days adv tuck, 1 day straddle, and building up that adv tuck hold to 60s.

This really does not make a whole lot of sense. Why would he practice his straddle if he cant even get 8 seconds with the adv. tuck? He would either end up doing it drastically wrong, hurting himself, plateauing, or all three.

Falcon

As I said, he already had straddle planche, and seems like he knows what works for him, he built into it ridiculously fast.

Yaad Mohammad

I can hold an advanced tuck planche for about 20 seconds. However, I want to build slowly and comfortably to 60 seconds. I could train harder on it but that will decrease my performances on other things.

Also, if I hit my limit, I'll simply use weights and then return to where I left and try again. I don't do straddles because it requires too much strength and sometimes I hurt my shoulders. Anyway, hopefully this system will be good.