This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111115

Started by Coach Sommer, November 15, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,360 Views

Coach Sommer

0JHxecGNDxg

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 Hopping HeSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Wheels

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

10 Russian Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets in between each of the assigned FBEs. If you do not have parallets, possible substitutions include kettlebells, dumbbells or pushup bars.

2) To perform the L-sit press to Tuck PL begin with a 3 sec L-sit and then with straight arms press up into a 3 sec Tuck PL, lower down back to the L-sit position to complete the repetition.

3) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed in a challenging manner.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

Finn Frank

Coach,

Should we rest for 30s between exercises in addition to the 2-3min rest between rounds as in some simillar WODs or is that omission of rests intentional for today's WOD?

Thank you

Josh Schmitter
Finnbar said:
Should we rest for 30s between exercises in addition to the 2-3min rest between rounds as in some simillar WODs or is that omission of rests intentional for today's WOD?

I'm pretty sure the 30s still applies. That's what I have always done anyway...if not I would have to scale back to sitting on the couch for half the WOD :).

General Warmup(added Novel movements for lower back)

FSP Pre-req Warmup(x2 rounds)

WOD: 4 rounds/rx'd rests

2 L-sit low/press to Tuck PL(as far as possible into)

3 Hopping Pike Push ups, 2nd step

5 clapping knee pushups

10 Dip foot assisted negatives

2x10 Wrist Pushups(knees)

Notes:

-FSP pre-reqs felt a little tough today, but the WOD felt ok. Only thing I wasn't sure about was the dips. I was debating going to regular or XR pushups as I was using the legs mostly for even negatives. I know this would sacrifice plane of motion, but I'm not sure if that is a priority in this case.

Vincent Stoyas

How do you scale down the L sit to Pl? I can't press from the L sit to any PL progression

Josh Schmitter
Vincearoo said:
How do you scale down the L sit to Pl? I can't press from the L sit to any PL progression

I just press as far as possible(that I can hold for 3s) into a tuck PL.

Mike Barkowski

Would "wallaby's" be a good scale back sub. for the Hopping HeSPU's?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused Wrists/Shoulders/Elbows

FSPs: HeS Hold, Tuck BL, Adv. Frog, Hollow Hold & Rocks.

4 Rounds:

2 L-Sit Press to Tuck/Flat Tuck

Rest 30s

3 Hopping HeSPU

Rest 30s

2 L-Sit Press to Tuck/Flat Tuck

Rest 30s

5 Wheels (Red Elastic)

Rest 30s

2 L-Sit Press to Tuck/Flat Tuck

Rest 30s

10 Russian Dips (All unbroken; first time)

Rest 2-3 mins

Finished with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups & Straddle Stretching.

Notes: Video is 1st round compared to 4th round. I was getting fatigued so my presses are worst and cannot hold them for long as first one.

qYsGuEseHpM

Nic Scheelings

Loved this WOD I always do better with the pressing ones.

Scaled up to press to straddle planche for the first two rounds and then did as Rx'd.

William Reed

First time I have exercised in a bit. Feeling a wee bit sick as well. This workout was rough. Need to get back in the game.

Also I need to read the workout routines thoroughly. I tried out the wheels, those are super tough. Earlier I erased some videos for a phone update and I accidentally erased parts of the fourth round.

Wrist Routine

FSP 6min WU

Complete four rounds:

3 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3-5 Hopping HeSPU

3 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Wheels: tried stationary, with a disk, a foam mat and a thicker mat.

3 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5-8 Russian Dips, these need work. Doing them too quickly.

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups from the knees, it's been awhile.

Then I did an hour of random exercises with loads of rest. GH, Jumping up blocks, Handstands, rope climbing, Human flag progressions.

Here's the Bits of round 4 that I didn't erase and the Hopping HeSPU from round 3 at the end.

Can't remember how to post the video on this screen.

http://youtu.be/uPUkp_eYLmU

Any help criticism is welcome.

Finn Frank

First WOD video, planning to start a WO log on here so thought Id have a go posting in WOD threads first.

Scaled down with to rock bottom but still plenty hard enough! Lsit-PL presses had to be scaled down after 2nd round!

Vincearoo said:
How do you scale down the L sit to Pl?

I scaled this after the 2nd round to 2x3s Lsit with 4-5s rest

General WU

1 round (20-30s) FSP prereqs

Four rounds:

-2 Lsit press tuck PL

-3 HeSPU Box

-2 Lsit press tuck PL

-5 Single Clap Push ups

-2 Lsit press tuck PL

-10 Push ups

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Push ups (1st set full, 2nd set on knees) Critique on these needed I feel

AFgnE207K90

Glad to know its not just me that wants to scale down the press :)

Vincent Stoyas
Finnbar said:
First WOD video, planning to start a WO log on here so thought Id have a go posting in WOD threads first.

Scaled down with to rock bottom but still plenty hard enough! Lsit-PL presses had to be scaled down after 2nd round!

Vincearoo said:
How do you scale down the L sit to Pl?

I scaled this after the 2nd round to 2x3s Lsit with 4-5s rest

So you think I should just ignore the Pl part of it and focus on the L sit?

Finn Frank
Vincearoo said:
So you think I should just ignore the Pl part of it and focus on the L sit?

Yes that's what I thought in the end.

I also tried something like TANSTAAFL's idea and did tuck Lsit press to very low tuck planche with my bars on top of 2ft stools to simulate pbars.

But that was too hard whilst fatigued and very precarious!! So I eventually settled on the above.

I'd also like to see any other suggestions that don't miss you the tuck PL if anyone has any idea

Coach Sommer
... How do you scale down the L sit to Pl? I can't press from the L sit to any PL progression? ...

One option would be to begin from the tuck PL and then descend into the L-sit. This constitutes one rep. To perform another rep simply stand and then perform another tuck PL.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Josh Schmitter
Coach Sommer said:
... How do you scale down the L sit to Pl? I can't press from the L sit to any PL progression? ...

One option would be to begin from the tuck PL and then descend into the L-sit. This constitutes one rep. To perform another rep simply stand and then perform another tuck PL.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks as always coach.