This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111111

Started by Coach Sommer, November 11, 2011 · 10 Replies · 1,999 Views

Coach Sommer

Jw-76VswCfY

Complete the following:

3 sets of Galimore, L-sit press shoulder stand, XR HSPU, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, hanging L-sit, 360 Pull

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds PL Lean

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) If Galimores are too demanding, choose another CPP variation that is more appropriate for your current strength level.

3) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

4) If the XR HSPU are too difficult, scale down with the most difficult XR dip variation that you are capable of.

5) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

6) Use the position of your choice during the 360 Pull that allows you to control the exercise while still being challenging. The ascent and descent of this element may both be performed in different positions.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

9) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the PL Lean and then move immediately to the German Hang.

10) To perform a PL Lean assume a pushup position. Now keeping the elbows locked and the body completely straight, lean as far forward as possible into a correct PL position. If it does not feel as though you are just about to fall forward, you have not leaned enough. Your feet will remain on the ground for the entire repetition.

John Sapinoso

LOVED THIS WOD!

RX'd (galimore was full FL to straddle PL though, I'm only mortal) and subbed in p-bar PL for PL leans

I'll be able to upload tomorrow [=

Newguy

Newguy: Hey TsOOnami?

TsOOnami: Yeah?

Newguy: SHUT UP! :P

Uzeeh

Warm-up:

L-sit, plank, sprints with high knees, shoulder series

WOD:

3x [False grip pull-up (not in a deadhang, my false grip sucks), jump into support, L-sit, pseudo-shoulderstand, XR deep dip, negative muscle up into negative TOP pull to inverted hang, L-hang, skin the cat in pike]

5x

Hollow hold

Planche lean

Rev plank

I don't really know if my scaling was good, but it felt so. I didn't want to rush the statics in the end, since my endurance ain't that good, so I subbed the GH for rev plank (doesn't it recruit the same muscles, kinda? The hands are in the same position) and FL for hollow. The ring serie showed well how bad my false grip is. Because of it, I can't really make an explosive movement yet. My russian dip also sucks, got to work on those.

Josh Schmitter
Uzeeh said:
I don't really know if my scaling was good, but it felt so. I didn't want to rush the statics in the end, since my endurance ain't that good, so I subbed the GH for rev plank (doesn't it recruit the same muscles, kinda? The hands are in the same position) and FL for hollow. The ring serie showed well how bad my false grip is. Because of it, I can't really make an explosive movement yet. My russian dip also sucks, got to work on those.

Sounds like viable subbing options to me. You could also to GH with feet on the ground to assist however much you need to get through 5x15 w/out too much trouble. I think the rev. plank is in the same family as GH, though I must say the GH position, foot assisted or not, is a HUGE difference than rev. plank. For FL , hollow is good or you could do L-sit hang. I might switch to hollow as well as I'm still very rough there.

General Warmup

FSP Pre-req Warmup(x1 round)

WOD: 3 rounds

[-4 Chair Dips(212)/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups(212)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU)/5min Rest]

-1 more set of 3 dips/pulls

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-L-Sit PB Bent(90/90)

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Dips, and even more so Pulls, were very tough today. I am debating on going back to 5x3, then 3x4, 4x4,5x4,3x5, etc. Or, the other option: going back to 5x3 then each WO subbing a set w/ 4reps instead of 3. I.e. 1x4/4x3, next time:2x4/3x3 until 5x4, then repeating until 5x5.

Any feedback would be much welcomed.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Newguy said:
Newguy: Hey TsOOnami?

TsOOnami: Yeah?

Newguy: SHUT UP! :P

lol

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused Shoulders/Elbows/Wrists

3 sets of:

Tuck/Flat Tuck (not quite sure) Galimore, shoulder stand, L-Sit press to shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang.

Rest 1-2 minutes

1 Parallette HSPU

Rest 3-5 minutes

5 Rounds:

15 seconds VBL-H

15 seconds PL Lean

15 seconds German Hang

Michael Miskelly

First attempt at a Galimore today so I thought I would video it again. This is my 3rd set so levers aren't great and I forgot the negative part of the 360 pull at the end :roll:

3 sets: Galimore, 2x L-sit press to SS, neg rev MU, L-hang, 360 pull

WN2pPOmiaY0

John Sapinoso
Newguy said:
Newguy: Hey TsOOnami?

TsOOnami: Yeah?

Newguy: SHUT UP! :P

:P

@mic, excellent work on that galimore man. it looks like you put a lot of focus toward the quality of your movements and a lot of thought toward proper scaling +1 to that.

alright guys this has a few wods in there starting from 11/4, the 11/11 wod starts at 12:36

tUO3ysajIE4

Michael Miskelly
it looks like you put a lot of focus toward the quality of your movements and a lot of thought toward proper scaling +1 to that.

Thanks, I do my best with it. Hopefully I will get to the stage where I can do HSPU's and straddle planche's too :lol:

I like your exercise at 13:35 in the video, never thought of doing a FL in between windshield wipers before. Think I might steal that one :wink:

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

OKAY!! I made a new youtube account! If I get banned again... well no more! lol

Tyler Schmitz

WOD

3 sets: 2 Galimores (half lay FL to MU to tuck PL), L-sit press shoulderstand, XR HSPU, rev. MU to inv. hang, 2 360 pulls (adv. tuck FL to full lay BL)

rest approx. 5 min bet sets

5 rds:

15 sec adv. tuck FL

15 sec PL lean (on ground)

15 sec german hang