Straddle Planche on pbars

Started by Scaplen14, November 10, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,204 Views

Scaplen14

I purchased some Xtreme rings about 3 months ago and since then have been using them (not as often as I should be) and the information on this site to start some gymnastics training. I built myself a set of mini pbars 2-3 weeks ago and have incorporated them into my training as well. Here are some videos that I took at the end of two of my workouts. I'm new to this so any feedback and tips would be appreciated! They're both pretty short as I was a little winded both times, i'll try to get a better video up within the next week or so. Also, I made the pbars a little higher than necessary, I think and have to straddle in handstand to avoid hitting the ceiling.

8EZCSXtM47Y

OMBqtArvUiQ

Nic Scheelings

Arms are not straight on either, if you can't do an advanced tuck planche with straight arms no real business working straddle.

Alessandro Mainente

can you tell me how you build it?

Aaron Griffin
alex87 said:
can you tell me how you build it?

Yes, I want instructions as well.

Scaplen14

I haven't tried advanced tuck planche but, I'm not really working on straddle I just took these videos more out of curiosity at the end of a workout. I'll get a video of the advanced tuck planche attempt.

I didn't really follow a plan for the bars, I just bought a bunch of ABS piping and went for it. However, if you guys are interested I can take a few pictures and post them along with some pseudo-instructions on how I put it together!

Blairbob

http://drillsandskills.com/skills/cond

courtesy of Roger Harrell's site, Drills&Skills. Or you could just do a google.

The straddle planche is high, the feet are bent, the back is slightly arched and the arms are bent.

Impressive and fun but master the tuck planche with locked out arms.

Olly

Yes instructions would be good!