Hello, I'm ToyStory. You may know me from the SS.com forums.
I tried the so-called Bulgarin Push-up on rings on my chest was sore for 5 days. Than I made it my main exercise for chest. I can now do around 5 reps with 7.5 kg attached to my neck.
However attaching weight to the neck seems like it won't last forever. At the same time I don't want to attach weight to may waist as in a weighted dip because I won't to make the exercise harder BUT on the chest not on the core.
So would be the other way to keep progressing at the exercise once using neck weight becomes inpractical? I may offend you a little but I'm mainly interest in bodybuilding and I'm not interested in perfroming difficult gymnast movements. Also I can't do Bulgarian dips because my shoulded hurts even during regular dips. But I really like those push-ups and they have become my favorite chest exercise followed by the dumbbell or cable incline press. I can't do wide grip barbell bench press because my shoulder hurts but ring push-ups don't hurt at all.