This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111110

Started by Coach Sommer, November 10, 2011 · 11 Replies · 1,811 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

15’ Senders

16 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats

15’ Senders

10 Box Jumps

15’ Senders

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 15’ of Senders in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Alternate legs on each repetition of the Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats. Remember to focus on jumping high and not for distance. Continue in this fashion until you have completed the entire 16 repetitions without rest.

3) You may add a weight vest to the Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats if you are strong enough.

4) The Box Jumps should be performed onto as high a box as possible for all 5 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

5) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

6) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Newguy

Would vigorously jumping on a trampoline be a good substitute for the senders?

Newguy

(And yes, I am know the proper form for jumping on a tramp)

Josh Schmitter
Newguy said:
Would vigorously jumping on a trampoline be a good substitute for the senders?

I would say negative since I believe one of the main points of senders is to condition the explosive/punch aspect you get by rebounding off a fairly hard surface. I don't think a trampoline would really give you much in dynamic conditioning. That being said, I am not always correct...but usually I am :).

Newguy

Hmm, I'll have to remember that in the future, I already did that in todays WOD. I asked because the ceilings are to low to do it inside, and all I have outside is grass, gravel, and a trampoline! And Senders don't work so well on those places!

Josh Schmitter
Newguy said:
Hmm, I'll have to remember that in the future, I already did that in todays WOD. I asked because the ceilings are to low to do it inside, and all I have outside is grass, gravel, and a trampoline! And Senders don't work so well on those places!

I do mine on grass, I know Slizzardman did a video of him doing it on concrete(street). I like grass since it's slightly cushioning so it's not as hard impact wise, but at the same time you have to use a little more effort to get a punch. Ideally you'd probably want to use different surfaces(concrete, grass, gymnastic floor, etc.)

General Warmup

Ido's Squat Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(x1 round)

WOD: 2.75 rounds/rx'd rests

15’ Senders

8 Jumping Deck Squats

15’ Senders

10 Box Jumps(34.5")

15’ Senders

5 Depth Jumps(top of car)

Regular Leg Stretching routine

Notes:

-About 7th box jump into 3rd round my left knee felt a little weird. 8th Jump slightly tight/almost twisting sensation...the kind of feeling you get when something isn't where it should be tendon/muscle/ligament/something wise. Did a few senders, still feeling strange = END OF WORKOUT. Other than that, everything felt really good.

Foghorn

Newguy

Do your senders on the grass in bare feet.

I recently attended the seminar is Australia and specifically asked coach about this. His response "grass is the perfect surface for all your rebounding and tumbling".

Plyometric exercises are specific for tendon and ligament strength via microbursts. The harder surface provides a much quicker transition and enhances explosive development.

Newguy

Sweet thanks!

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Progressed to higher senders on my end! :D

Josh Schmitter
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:
Progressed to higher senders on my end! :D

Nice. Too bad you had Cher's greatest hits playing in the background so we can't see it :).

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
TANSTAAFL said:
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:
Progressed to higher senders on my end! :D

Nice. Too bad you had Cher's greatest hits playing in the background so we can't see it :).

HAHAH so true! ... I'll take my next video of this one and put it on vimeo.

Tyler Schmitz

WOD

4 rds:

15' jumps

16 single leg jumping deck squats (8 each leg)

15' jumps

10 box jumps (on picnic table)

15' jumps

5 depth jumps (approx. 7 ft)