Forearm Splints

Started by 305pelusa, November 10, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,323 Views

305pelusa

Hello everyone!

I've researched this quite a bit, and I just couldn't find a concrete answer, so I might as well ask here.

I have what I believe is referred to as "forearm splints". Whenever I apply pressure to my wrist, especially during pushing exercises, it doesn't hurt. However, as soon as I release, a painful "shock" goes appears on my forearm, on the outer edge. I have absolutely no clue how to fix this.

1) I've read that one should take out whatever makes the pain worse. I did this already. It mainly occurs during Planche work (right after releasing), and right at the transition of a muscle-up. I don't do either of this exercises, except from time to time, and that's where the pain comes from. I don't get it from any other exercise in my routine.

2) Strengthening the forearm and stretching it were the top things I found. I do Sommers' "wrist routine" for the Wrist push-ups essay, with a few scaled-back variations during my warm-ups. Perhaps I should do it more often, even on non-workout days, and even several times a day?

It actually hurts right after I release any forearm stretch where the back of the hands are right-side-up (where the fingers are pointing back, you lean back, and you stretch the "front" of the forearm, so to speak). Should I do this stretch anyways, perhaps releasing it little by little?

I just need to know what I have to drop from my training, and what I should add. I really hate the feeling!

Thanks for the help!

Blairbob

Try taking a week off. Nothing with your forearms.

If you are really concerned about not doing anything with your upper body, use some straps and basically do theraband type stuff. Possibly even attaching at below the elbow instead of at the the wrist or in the palm.