Neck+ Face Pain in back lever!

Started by Evilllamas, November 8, 2011 · 4 Replies · 3,360 Views

Evilllamas

Hi

When doing a flat tuck back lever (full tuck is fine, can hold for over a minute) The move it'self isn't really hard, but it hurts my neck (the sides mainly) allot, and even my face, although no chest pain.

What's causing this? And how do I stop it!?

Thanks

Blairbob

How long have you done inversion and ring work?

WitnessTheFitness

I've never heard of face pain during back levers before. Is it the feeling of blood rushing to your head and the face being strained, perhaps from not breathing enough, or is it pain in the muscles of the face, or...?

Blairbob

I'm thinking it's all of the above, Aurele. Not being adapted to inversion, not breathing doesn't help either.

Evilllamas

Thanks for the input- I've been doing back lever progressions since maybe june/ july- I'm new to the whole thing. (I also have pretty weak chest/ pushing compared to pulling)

I can do a full tuck easily, for over a minute- but this flat tuck is allot harder for me, and it does feel like a strain on my face/ side of neck.

When I'm doing them again tomorrow, I'll try to breath more!