Leverage Dipping Station

Started by Michael Traynor, November 8, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,905 Views

Michael Traynor

I was just browsing for Christmas gifts and came accross this:

http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/HealthF ... ipsBar.htm

Thought it may interest some people.

I don't own it and have never seen it irl or have any experience with it so i'm not recommending it, just thought you might like to know it's out there.

:)

Blairbob

Interesting but expensive.

MH87

Maximum user weight: 18 Stone (252lbs or 114.5kg)

Useless. Sorry..

Blairbob

That might definitely come into play if one were to do weighted dips.

When I weighed 165ish, I could dip extra with 90lbs so that would hit that structural limit.

If you are bigger than I am towards 200lbs that just means using an extra 50lbs which is a very small weighted dip for someone that size.

rubadub

There would be a factor of safety built in. My chinup bar was rated to 95kg, I am near 90kg and have had 45kg on a dip belt on it and it showed no signs of strain. I think my hollow cheap ezcurl bar is rated to 40 or 60kg and it only showed signs of slight bending at 130kg.

I would be more worried about the door frame failing.