Climber doing 5 one finger OACU's!

Started by Michael Miskelly, November 7, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,803 Views

Michael Miskelly

Someone posted this on rosstraining, thought some guys on here would like to see it.

apKvJME8bpw

Bruno Cochofel

I've seen some climbers do some of this stuff, it's really amazing.. Some are really skinny but with explosive power.. Those "dynos" he does are really amazing stuff..

I believe doing OAC's with one finger looks amazing, but for rock climbers, fingers are really worked maybe like elbow tendons for gymnasts.. They get really strong so they can hold your body weight when you get hanged in a small little hole that can only put a finger on it..

Truly amazing video

WitnessTheFitness

:shock:

There's such a huge difference in strength required just between one rep and two reps of a OAC; can't imagine how beastly one's pulling would have to be to crank out 5. And with one finger at that!

gymgreg

If some of you are interested in his training, here is an interview of Magnus I listened to a while back.

Link to mp3 (right click and save as...)

English interview starts at about 11 min in.

He talks about his training routine, nutrition and supplements.

I wrote some of my notes here

rubadub

Incredible stuff.

I made my own finger hanging device, its a ripoff of the ironmind eagle loops

kettlebell_eagle_loop_close_up.JPG

this is mine

diyeagleloops.jpg

Christian Sørlie

He HAD to be a Norwegian dammit :roll: AND the clip is taken from the training room in the climbing center where I sometime train. Haven't seen him there before though. Oh well, back to training. Got some serious stuff to live up to now :D