Hollow body during HS and HSPU

Started by LIE, November 7, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,955 Views

LIE

Hello guys,need a lil help here

I can hold free HS with straight body for about 10s, during this HS my shoulder is fully open and to keep my body stand still,I tend to contract my traps....I wonder if this is correct?

But that way,I'm having difficulty when trying to go down for negative HeSPU...and then I found article said that during HS you should keep hollow body during this free HS..And when I do hollow for my shoulder become a lil bit closed.and it's very difficult to contract my traps and at the same time keep the shoulder hollow. What's your advice?

Thanks b4

Ian Legrow

I am not an expert, however I do practice and research handstands a lot. If you are having trouble keeping your shoulders open during the HS then my advice would be to do some with stomach to wall. If you can do a stomach to wall handstand with your wrists an inch from the wall and nothing but your toes touching the wall, thats good, but see how long you can hold it. This should help with any open shoulder problems you may have,.

Cole Dano

Contracting the upper traps is essential, to me it feels a bit like the traps form a platform that the back of the head rests on.

We would really need some photos or video before getting into any specifics of what you need to correct, it's not unusual to think you are open in a handstand and not be. It's certainly been a big issue for me and took a tremendous amount of work to get there. One thing is for sure, if your not using your traps you most likely aren't open.

LIE

Thank u IJL and Cole Dano...

Rite now I can completely hold solid handstand becoz of ur advice..found the "aha"

just like u all said..this is just a matter of time if we could spend some time to practice...

Cole Dano

Excellent!