Weighted HLL

Started by Gavin Strelitz, November 7, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,633 Views

Gavin Strelitz

Hi guys,

I am moving on to weighted HLL and I was wondering how much weight to add initially. Also, if anyone knows a good product of adjustable weights I can use this would be greatly appreciated, as most of the ones I can find over here are fixed weight only.

Cheers

Joshua Naterman

Gotta make it, but fill a bag with sand and fasten it to your shoes or something. Or wear shoes if you normally wear nothing on your feet. 1 lb at a time is plenty, use it for a week or two and then go up another lb. Take it nice and easy, there is no such thing as moving up in weight too slowly. There is always such a thing as moving up too quickly.

Blairbob

I don't know of any product per say.

Just do what it shows in the book.

Ian Legrow

There are those tiny weight plates that coach Sommer talks about in the book (14lb, 1/2lb, etc.) and if i remember correctly he said this was probably the best way to do it so you are not increasing your weight by a rediculous amount each time you increase it

Gavin Strelitz

All good suggestions, thanks. I will probably make my own with sand. My gym doesn't have any straps/belts to use for the small weight plates. I can try and find some straps maybe.

Cheers again for responding.

dacicsak

Dont know if it helps, but here is a video of Loan telling you how to do ankle weights etc..

Gavin Strelitz

Golden, thanks.