I just wanted to say

Started by Edward Smith, November 6, 2011 · 11 Replies · 5,436 Views

Edward Smith

A blog post I wrote before I head overseas.

http://circoed.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-find-it-hard-to-say.html

Thank you to everyone on the forum for sharing their knowledge, experience and expertise so graciously and without reservation. And also for making it the community it is.

A special mention to forum members Demus for being the beast he is, Swarovski for all the selfless help he has provided me and of course to Coach Sommer for everything he does.

Now, let me know what you think.

Ed

Scott Malin

Congratulations on your acceptance, ed!

Nic Scheelings

Hope you have a great time mate, you'll learn heaps. Keep me updated on your progress. With a bit of luck I might be in your neck of the woods next year.

Cole Dano

Inspring text and performance Ed, best to you as you continue in Italy, i'm sure it will be a fantastic opportunity for you.

Mikael Kristiansen

What school will you be going to? Flick? Thats the only i know of in italy, but there are probably more. Great to hear that you are going to school, you will meet a lot of interesting and crazy people. Circus school is a special thing unlike anything else, be happy that you will experience it:-) will you specialize in balancing?

Happy to hear you have taken the chance to go with your inspiration,.i know the feeling and i have never regretted it.

Adam Bodestyne

Good post. It's very encouraging to read that someone can indeed work hard and be persistent even if they do feel they are 'slow at picking things up', and still achieve.

Awesome, man! Well done.

Gavin Strelitz

All the best with it mate. Should be an incredible experience.

Alessandro Mainente

welcome to italy man..where are you going to live?

swarovski

too kind of ya mate!

good to know that you made it, well done.

hey, we should meet up in torino sometimes. Don't forget that you're more than welcome here in lugano as well.

all the best.

Edward Smith

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I'll get back to you in detail on the weekend about the school, but I'll say this for the moment I've been in Italy for three days and already have some funny/interesting tidbits to share.

Thanks again,

Ed

Edward Smith

Ok,

To let everyone know, I attending Scuola di Cirko Vertigo. It is Turin (FLIC is also in Turin), in the north of Italy.

Handbalancer, yes I will study balance.

After two full days of classes I already have some stuff to report. First, the majority of my class smokes, after every class everyone takes 5 minutes to have a smoke or two (there's about three non-smokers including me).

The equilibrismo class (where everyone practices their own discipline) starts with a warm up somewhat similar to the seated hungarian series, but without any HS work, including 5 minutes in each split position (15 minutes total). After each 5 minutes split we stand up and do 10 leg swings with the leg that has been in extension (after side splits leg swings to the side with both legs), this has to be experienced to be understood. This is all followed by 3 minutes wall HS work (including rest, however rest is come down take a few breaths and get back up).

I won't keep updating in this thread. If you want to follow my adventures add me on facebook (Edward Smith) or follow my blog (http://circoed.blogspot.com/).

Ed

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Kudos to you my friend. Well earned from hard work!

A+. I wish you the best on your journey.