I'll start off. I decided to have several friends over for "Breakfast at Dinner" last night and due to my current strict diet regular pancakes were not an option. Instead, I made homemade buckwheat pancakes. The total prep time was MAYBE 3 minutes. This recipe makes about seven 6-8" pancakes, so probably 15-20 3-4" pancakes. I like big pancakes. These are sugar free.
100% Gluten and Sugar Free Buckwheat Pancakes
1 cup buttermilk (I used homemade kefir)
1 beaten whole egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1.5 cups buckwheat flour
1.5 tablespoons splenda (the stuff that measures the same as sugar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1) Mix the flour, salt, baking soda and splenda (or your desired sweetener) together in a bowl. I used a fork.
2) Melt your butter, pour into the flour mix, and pulp it up. There will be a bunch of small buttery flour chinks and a bunch of still powdery flour.
3) Add the egg and milk and mix together. You can do them together or one after the other, doesn't matter. I do milk then egg.
4) Cook Pancakes!!!
5) Enjoy peoples' reactions as they realize how f-ing tasty these are! My friends were like wow... we need to have these on a regular basis, this is awesome!!!
Of course we also had bacon and eggs with onions and peppers and a diced jalapeno mixed into the eggs, but the main point is this: ENJOY YOUR BREAKFAST! It can taste incredible and still be good for you.
I like these without the splenda added as well, but I will admit that adding the splenda DOES help a bit. Regular sugar is fine too, I mean if you think about it that's like 1.5g of fructose per pancake and seriously, that is just fine. I was just using Splenda to be truly 'sugar' free.
