This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111103

Started by Coach Sommer, November 3, 2011 · 5 Replies · 1,715 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo Weighted MU

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Circular Arch-ups

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 313 for the FBE. This equates to a 3 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 3 second descent.

5) You may scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

6) If the Circular Arch-ups and HLL are not challenging enough on their own, add weight to increase the intensity until these are quite challenging for the 6 & 5 repetitions respecitively.

7) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Uzeeh

If one can't yet do all the pre-FSP's (mainly hollow, arch) for 60s, should he still try to do the levers/planche in this type of workout? Or should one do the corresponding pre-FSP's? (hollow for front lever, arch for back lever, some kind of plank/support for planche)

To clarify, I already did the Pre-FSP's today.

Josh Schmitter
Uzeeh said:
If one can't yet do all the pre-FSP's (mainly hollow, arch) for 60s, should he still try to do the levers/planche in this type of workout? Or should one do the corresponding pre-FSP's? (hollow for front lever, arch for back lever, some kind of plank/support for planche)

To clarify, I already did the Pre-FSP's today.

I believe Slizzardman has suggested it is OK to do the Levers/PL in these cases as it is not happening everyday like your warmup so you are not pushing too hard. I believe this goes for the 5x15s FSP holds as well on Ring Days. I could also be wrong since the tendon conditioning is a big issue when moving on to further FSP's so I'm trying to find the post now...

Found this from Blairbob, still can't find the other post...

davidg333 said:
2. When the WOD asks for an embedded FSP, how long do I hold it for? Do I do the hardest one I can manage for as long as I can manage because I'm doing easier FSPs in warmup?

Blairbob said:
2. Generally, during the WOD"s that ask for an embedded FSP, it states they are to be held for 15s. Normally for other people I would, but when I do it my elbow tendonitis likes to flare up for a few days afterwards. Before the elbow injury it would not have affected me so.

Personally I do L-sit for PL, German Hang for BL, and Tuck L-sit Hang for FL

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Scaled down because I worked out at home... but even scaled down it was :shock: Either way no excuses either at home or gym or outside I am disciplined! :twisted:

General Warmpup/Stretch

Focused on Trunk

FSPs: 1 x 60s HBH, 1 x 60s ABH, 2 x 15s Bent L-Sit

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded Floor L-Sit

Rest 10-20s

5 Tempo Floor Pushups

Rest 1-2 mins

1 Embedded Arch Body Hold (30s)

Rest 10-20s

5 Tempo Floor Arches

Rest 1-2 mins

1 Embedded VBL-H (45 Degrees Approx.)

Rest 10-20s

5 Tempo Bent Leg V-Ups

Rest 1-2 mins

Finish with 2 x 10 Bridge Wall Walks

Notes: Tempo was 3s Ascent, 1s Pause, 3s Descent.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine(With all pushups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup(1 set)

Complete 3 sets each: Rests as rx'd

15s L-sit Tuck/5 Tempo false grip standing rows(going into transition)

15s German Hang/6 Tempo Arch-ups

15s L-sit Tuck Hang/5 Tempo Tuck HLL half

10 BWW(5,5/half way down)

Notes:

-Everything tough, but not so that I'm at failure even at the last set. I was always having trouble with forearm burn/grip for the HLL, but I think I was just cheating by pulling instead of using more core...mostly due to the fact that I was trying near straight legs. Still burned, but not to volcanic levels.

-Focused on straight arms for the BWW

John Sapinoso

S PL + 5 Slow wide MU

BL + 5 BLLL

FL + 6 FL > meat hook

10 BWW

found huge tight spot on my forearms, bicep and around my scaps doing smr, killed but I worked it quite a but and recovery improved. also picked up a liter of raw kefir milk, hope this can help sort out my issues.