This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rubi's Log

Started by Rubi Roubal, November 2, 2011 · 2 Replies · 689 Views

Rubi Roubal

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum couple of months ago and decided to keep log for seeing my progression throughout my SSCs or WODs.

My stats are:

height 173cm / 5"9'

weight 80kg / 176lbs

I have a bit fat belly, but you should have seen me a year ago and after year of weight lifting, nothing too much serious I started to do bodyweight exercise which appears to me much more fun and interesting.

First of all, I'd like to tell you about my aims. Some of them are by far of my current strength level some of them are more reachable for me I would say.

Perform:

human flag 5s

front lever, back lever 5s

planche I "pray" for at least 1 second :-)

15 strict pull ups

muscle up, since it is basic I am not able to do them recently...

My current strength level is:

20s of tuck front and tuck back lever

8 Pull ups

15s of L-sit on FX

I was able to hold German hang for 60s but it was quite tough :-)

Rubi Roubal

I have managed my first SSC:

Basically it is separated into 2 workouts session pushing + core / pulling + core.

I didn't have enough time to make it to the three workouts per week.

This week is my 9th week of the first SSC I better slow it down to 12 weeks because of joint preparation and I know myself I suffered from a lot of injures because football(soccer) I am recently healing from torn meniscus that is the reason you wont find any leg exercises in the workouts. I am doing leg stretching, mobility and stabilization as a rehab work.

Here we go:

prerequisites, WU:

arch hold, hollow holy, plank, reverse plank, chin up dead hang, PB support all of it I hold for 60s

Sometimes I do 2x30 XR RTO(rings turn out) support, feels really good this one =)

I do this before every WO and also stretching + wrist and shoulder and scapula mobilization, just the way you all recommend since I feel it works for me really fine.

WO push:

FSP:

7x8s L sit floor

FBE:

Bulgarian PU XR 3x5

Dips PB 3x5

HSPU pommel horse(box, whatever) 3x5

HLL lift: 3x5

V ups: 3x10

WO pull:

FSP:

BL tuck 10s Bar

Fl tuck 10s Bar

FBE:

chin ups - L 3x5 bar

Bulgarian Rows 3x5 I recently substitute them with FL tuck rows, because of i don't have place to spread my hands too far(pull bar in the doors)

Chin Ups - inverted XR 3x5

RLL XR since I don't have a Stall bars right now(but it's coming :D)

windshield wipers - supine + 2kg(5lbs) 3x5 each side it is quite tough when the weight is added

Body lever 3x5

For a few weeks I have very good feeling about how the WO easy is. I feel strength gains. We will see at the testing week after my 12 week SSC. I will upload my "score". Sometimes I will try to add some videos of my workouts.

I hope you enjoy my journey to my aims as well.

Falcon

Keep it up, your plan looks solid. Just be consistent and you will reach your goals. I would do FSPs on both of those workouts, meaning your warmup is basically your FSP training. That means you do Lsit, FL, BL, supports, etc... every workout in your warmup. That being as long as you keep hold times at half of your max. If you want to go more than your max, you can, but do those holds in your workout.