Injured Shoulder

Started by Vincent Stoyas, November 2, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,933 Views

Vincent Stoyas

On October 6th, I pulled a muscle while doing pull ups. I was doing a dynamic leg WOD and afterwards, I figured that I would finish up with some pull ups. I was following what slizzardman had come up with. I did 4 wide grip normal, 4 wide chins, 4 neutral grips, 2 normal chins and on the 3rd normal chin, my shoulder just went into pain. That day and the following, I couldn't even turn my head because it went straight from my shoulder into my neck too.

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions to help overcome it, that would be great. Some days I don't feel it at all, but I tried some handstands today and I could feel it was coming, so I quickly stopped.

I did find this video, hopefully it will help?

Finally, and most importantly, can anyone help suggest some exercise/workouts that I can perform until my shoulder completely heals again? That would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Blairbob

Shoulder theraband series. Maybe some some shrugs in hang or support.

Massage, foam roll or bring out the lacrosse ball. Rest.