This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111101

Started by Coach Sommer, November 1, 2011 · 9 Replies · 1,883 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of: MU to BL, pullout to a hanging L-sit, MU to a shoulder stand, XR HSPU, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, BL, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) The MU to BL is performed by executing a MU to just over the transition and then lowering with control down into a back lever. Note that it is necessary to press the shoulders forward during the descent into BL in order to maintain the correct balance. The body position of the BL may be modified as needed to accommodate your current strength levels.

3) If necessary, the MU to BL may be scaled down by performing a MU to support and then rolling backward to the BL.

4) All MUs should be performed with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition

5) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

6) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

9) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

10) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Extremely Sore from Yesterday. :o

Scaled a little today...

Good things:

1) I offically can hold a 15s XR HS with feet inside straps!! first ever!!! :P

2) Elbow pre/re-habs and shoulder pre/re-habs have helped my left arm tremendously and is improving,today there was no pain in front lever variations and I was stronger in holding them.

3) continuing to work on knees 2 x a week.

3 sets: 2 MU, 2 Bulgarian Dips, Shoulder Stand, Negative Reverse MU Down to an Inverted Hang, Half Lay BL, Flat Tuck Front Lever

Rest 5 mins.

5 Rounds:

15s VBL-H @ 45 Degrees (feels better and no pain)

15s XR Strap HS

15s German Hang

Josh Schmitter

FSP pre-req testing

WOD: 3 rounds

-4 Chair Dips(212x)/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups(2121x)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU)/5min Rest

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Split this up today. Performed WOD later in the day, FSP testing in early afternoon.

-German hangs felt good...other than a 1year old pulling at my shirt and trying to close the door on me while on the doorway pullup bar :).

Squatchy

3 sets

(MU's were from sitting on the floor, heels touching the ground some till after transition)

MU > inv hang > BL (str half lay) > hanging L > MU > L-sit to SS > neg rev MU (foot assisted on pullup bar) > BL > FL (half)

lower rings some really quick and do 2-3 XR HSPU (a little foot assist on the pullup bar, need the rings lowered some to do these compared to where I need them for the rest of the set, hence why theyre at the end)

5x15

FL (adv flat tuck mostly)

XR HS with feet touching the sides of the bars sticking out on the pullup bar

GH

2x10 wall ext.

John Sapinoso

first two rounds:

mu>bl

L>roesler>static pseudo maltese>lower through to BL

pull to FL

Poor recovery, this was too difficult for me today. Quality was less that satisfactory on everything but the FL. FL felt strongest I've ever felt and I added a 5 second hold at the end. Refocused and psyched myself up for second round, a little improvement but I realized it just wasn't going to happen today.

scaled down the last round

mu> straddle bl

L mu> press ss > hs

rev mu

bl

pull to fl

haven't been recovering well these last few days. a few reasons: fighting off some sickness, bed rest and cloudy days = low vitamin D, a few stressful days and I've forgone PWO carbs almost entirely. First three are self explanatory.

As for the carbs, I've been on MCT PWO vs carbs for the past 4-5 months with excellent results. For the past months or so I've increased to .75-1 kilo of meat per day and have been very stringent with my carb intake: never more than 100 grams a day and as low as 20 grams on others. With PWO only adding a piece of fruit or sweet potato after WODS that start with "complete four rounds". Up until now, I've had excellent recovery and any lingering abdominal body fat melted off. But I'm an athlete, not an underwear model...

Started a doing a carb reload and put back the sweet potato PWO and brought my carb intake to around 200 (paleo) grams / day and as high as 350 when i had a banana chip binge. I'll titrate the perfect amount down from there. Planning to rotate my nutrition weekly: meat and organs with meat and veggies. Increased antioxidant intake and supplementing my vitamin D. Changing my bed sheets and pillow case nightly to help keep sickness at bay. Did several hours of SMR over the past few days. Hopefully back to normal by next WOD.

Adam Bodestyne

Hope you're back at fighting fitness again soon, ts00nami. However, thanks for sharing this information about how you're dealing with recovery; Peoples' nutrition and recovery information is just as useful and interesting to me as.. well, everything else on the forum.

Josh Schmitter
thanners said:
Hope you're back at fighting fitness again soon, ts00nami. However, thanks for sharing this information about how you're dealing with recovery; Peoples' nutrition and recovery information is just as useful and interesting to me as.. well, everything else on the forum.

+1. I believe IDO has a post mentioning he does a cyclical diet, carbing up every 5 days or so throughout the whole day and that he takes about 75-100g carbs a day on all other days...but you both probably have that post set as part of the background of your desktop and/or posted on the wall next to your bed :).

I have been dealing with fall allergies I believe. Waking up feeling VERY lethargic the past week, even though I have been sleeping like a log. I feel like I finally got my sleep in order using the blue blocker glasses as night, and I am sleeping like a log most nights, but it's either allergies, or I'm waking up in the wrong part of my cycle. I'm getting 9ish hours a night.

Michael Miskelly

Im going to try video myself more often, its funny how many mistakes you spot (like not turning rings out) when you watch it from an outside perspective. Im not able to do XR HSPU's so just did a dip to L-sit instead.

tMXNthnhp8E

Brutus

Wow.

Awesome.

I like your shoulder stand on the rings and also the front lever.

Think you can go "deep" in your back lever (body paralell to floor) and push harder the core in the back lever because you arch a litlle bit.

blackmonster

Perform the following:

3 sets of: Kipping MU, XR Support, XR HS ( did SS on last round), Inverted Negative XR MU, Tucked BL, Tucked FL, Hanging XR LSit

5x15 seconds Tucked FL

5x15 seconds Wall HS Held with my head about 2 inches from the ground.

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finished the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

I've been doing the WODs, just not posting up.

No exceptional progress since the last time I posted, other than I can now do my ground LSits on my fingertips for 10 seconds :-)