This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Pre/Re-Hab Critique

Started by Patrick Angelo Sardilli, November 1, 2011 · 5 Replies · 99 Views

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

http://vimeo.com/31402886

Please comment on my form and technique(I accept both positive and negative; I want to improve). It is not all the wrist pre/re-hab but I finally can do some of them on toes. I do notice I must decrease my tempo, but I am happy of my acheivements none the less. I never have any wrist pain whatsoever!!!

I can't wait for my knees to feel just as such! :mrgreen:

Gavin Strelitz

Just a couple of points:

-Wrist pushups: Slow them down, especially on the way back up. Again, on the way up try not to snap the wrist back into normal position, but slowly curl the wrists back into place.

-Fingertip pushups: Try to get more onto the actual fingertip, rather than just the top portion of the fingers. Also, arch the fingers rather than letting them collapse.

I hope that makes sense.

Blairbob

From what I remember of Dillon doing it at the seminar, your tempo needs to slow down by a good amount. Form is good though besides that.

Except perhaps fingertip pushups. Then again, fingertip pushups are pretty easy and we did fingertip hopping pushups instead of fingertip pushups. However, if you can't do fingertip pushups, then you shouldn't be doing the hopping versions of course.

Scott Malin

The only thing that I would add to the above comments is that you want your thumb completely clear of the ground on first knuckle pushups. The video angle made the thumbs hard to see, but you appeared to use them a bit for support.

-Wrist pushups: Slow them down, especially on the way back up. Again, on the way up try not to snap the wrist back into normal position, but slowly curl the wrists back into place.

When I became conscientious of this, I saw much better strength in my wrists. Out of all the wrist series, this is the one I'm most meticulous towards executing perfectly on every rep.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

ROger A+ I will slow down my tempo + all other points are taking into consideration!

Appreciate it guys!

Coach Sommer

In addition to all of the other excellent comments, I would also like to see a better hollow body position maintained with the ribs pulled in and the back flat.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer