First Competition - New Routine

Started by DennisGoossens, October 31, 2011 · 10 Replies · 3,148 Views

DennisGoossens

Hey, in the following link you can see my new routine :

Day 1, it was the first time doing this whole new routine, with inverted cross (to high) but I will be competing it for future perspective.

Day 2, i was less nervous because It wasn't the first time in competition anymore, I changed the inverted cross to backuprise to full planche.

Hints and tricks are welcome, please keep in mind I'm only 17 and 9months old, so my strength isn't like Gregor yet.

M4e3rlx6wnY

PLEASE WATCH BOTH ROUTINE'S BECAUSE THE SECOND IS MUCH BETTER

Blairbob

I want to start off and first say, bloody awesome.

Now comes the judging hat. Feel free to throw a virtual pie at me.

Kip to cross is high, so I wouldn't count but see it as different elements in connection. No C, just B+B.

Watch your holds, they are +/- 2s. It's a big deduction if you don't hit that 2s. I'd like to have look it up again since it's been a year since I did the judging seminar and I won't be doing it this year (maybe next).

Some planches were high or your back wasn't locked out with a wiggle during lockout

HS needs work, probably tight shoulders. Your inverted cross would probably have gotten little deduction in the 90s but it's coming along ya know (besides being fricking hard. My friend hates how they devalued it to a C).

Last thing off hand I saw is ankle flex. It's dumb but they are probably taking for it.

Bare in mind it's much easier to be critical when watching video rather than watching it in person, in my opinion.

Cole Dano
Blairbob said:
I want to start off and first say, bloody awesome.
DennisGoossens

Blairbob,

I won't be mad at you, tips are usefull.

What do you mean by ankle flex?

Yes, the kipcross is to high, but when the routine is getting easier I wanne change it to azarian push to maltese and do nakayama in the end in stead of the azarian. But yeah kipcross is pretty high.

Inverted cross I will be working on the next months, I know its much of a deduction but in the future I can't do a routine without them, so I have to start doing them, for finals I knew I couldn't win with an inverted so I changed it into a planch.

Yes the planch was not perfectly horizontal, stupid mistake.

BUT I think the more experience I will get with this routine the more I can work on the execution, and ofcourse as soon as my food can handle it, I will be doing double straight with full twist again.

Thanks Bob!

Gavin Strelitz

Respect sir, that is awesome. I am not a gymnast so I can't comment technically.

Good luck on honing it down for future competitions.

Blairbob

Ankle flex means your ankles are bent and you aren't pointing your toes.

Ian Legrow

wow, very cool Dennis. I would really like to get to this level at some point. And yo are 5 years younger then me :P Congrats man

DennisGoossens
IJL said:
wow, very cool Dennis. I would really like to get to this level at some point. And yo are 5 years younger then me :P Congrats man

Hah, best of luck man!

DennisGoossens
Blairbob said:
Ankle flex means your ankles are bent and you aren't pointing your toes.

In all moves?

Marlon

not in all moves. I only noticed it in the yamawakis

Blairbob

Yep, Marlon said it right. That's when I mainly noticed it as well.