Increasing wall HS ROM

Started by David Beckerman, October 30, 2011 · 3 Replies · 3,099 Views

David Beckerman

Hi guys,

I am just trying to get my hands closer to the wall in a stomach to wall handstand. Would it be more beneficial to use CWW to improve the distance or just inch closer on my statics please?

Thank you in advance,

Dave

Joshua Naterman

What is CWW?

You're going to want to increase flexibility in lats, serratus (probably the hardest to do for me, personally), and the pecs. There are others but those are the primary offenders.

You will also, at the same time, want to work on straight arm upper and lower trap strength. Lifts in the plane of the scapula are excellent for this, as are pulses while prone and slightly hollow on a bench in HS arm position.

Quick Start Test Smith

I think CWW are Cast Wall Walks.

David Beckerman
Patrick Smith said:
I think CWW are Cast Wall Walks.

Yes sorry they are CWW. Thank you for the advice Slizz. I am currently working on the flexibility issue. I'll look up those exercises you mentioned as I am not sure what they are but youtube is the new google !!!

Thank you again,

Dave