Weekly Gymnastic Bodies Classes at my Scottsdale Facility

Started by Coach Sommer, October 28, 2011 · 26 Replies · 8,582 Views

Coach Sommer

Due to continued requests, I am considering offering Gymnastic Bodies strength & conditioning classes at my Scottsdale, AZ facility. Initially these classes would be on Saturday afternoons from 1:45-2:45pm. In the future, the schedule may be expanded to include Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 8:00-9:00pm as well, however at first only the Saturday class is being considered.

If this is something you are interested in, please email me: CoachSommer@GymnasticBodies.com

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Cole Dano

This is an excellent idea!

Joshua Beeston

I'm so jealous! Might have to consider moving to Scottsdale haha. :D

Ryan Libke

Any chance of broadcasting the class over the internet? I would not assume that this would be something available for free, but I would gladly pay a fee to watch remotely.

Bruno Cochofel
Wolf with one Ear said:
Any chance of broadcasting the class over the internet? I would not assume that this would be something available for free, but I would gladly pay a fee to watch remotely.

Or even tape the class and broadcast it because of the different timezones...

Falcon
blackcat said:
Wolf with one Ear said:
Any chance of broadcasting the class over the internet? I would not assume that this would be something available for free, but I would gladly pay a fee to watch remotely.

Or even tape the class and broadcast it because of the different timezones...

+1

Cole Dano

Maybe some kind of long distance subscription deal?

Alvaro

arghhhhh ENVYYYY!!! :wink: :twisted:

Mats Trane
Coach Sommer said:
Due to continued requests, I am considering offering Gymnastic Bodies strength & conditioning classes at my Scottsdale, AZ facility. Initially these classes would be on Saturday afternoons from 1:45-2:45pm. In the future, the schedule may be expanded to include Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 8:00-9:00pm as well, however at first only the Saturday class is being considered.

If this is something you are interested in, please email me: CoachSommer@GymnasticBodies.com

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sounds great!!! might be going to Jacskon Hole this winter and visist my sister and Scottsdale is not to far away considering where I´m going from. Sending you a mail right away.

mikelmarion

i would also pay. i know skype has a business feature that might be able to be used for this

Kit Laughlin

Brilliant idea, Coach—wish I live in Scottsdale! I am sure this will prove very popular. Regards

KL

Quick Start Test Smith

This is crazy exciting ! :D A video service would be worth thousands...

John Sapinoso

*is now highly considering moving to Scottsdale*

mikelmarion
Patrick Smith said:
This is crazy exciting ! :D A video service would be worth thousands...

+$20,000 :D

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I wish i was in Scottsdale now :(

mikelmarion

well, im in Wisconsin so........... Lets get this new pay for play video service going lol :)

newguy5000

I'd like to make a suggestion to Coach and see what other people think about it. This may or may not be something Coach is interested in.

There seems to be a consensus on this board of a number of people who would be interested in forking out money for more online training from Coach. Coach already offers a huge amount of stuff for free - digital coaching forum, WOD's, a forum filled with many active members who take the time to offer great advice. It strikes me that there is a great opportunity here for Coach to develop an online program of training / coaching.

I was thinking something along the lines of the model used by the Machado family in online Brazilian Ju-jitsu instruction. Here is a link:

http://www.jeanjacquesmachado.com/onlinetraining/

I did this a few years ago and paid a monthly subscription and got access to a program that showed the basic skills needed at each belt level and methods and programming by which these skills could be developed. It also provided a library of videos and feedback and coaching. If there was a move that was not in the video library or you were unclear on you could send an email and they would record one for you and add it to the library. And the videos did not just show a move but the aspects and technical form details were talked through.

Now, some of you might say 'hey that sounds pretty much like what Coach ALREADY does!'. And yeah, to some degree that is true. But i was thinking the kind of online subscription could include access to material Coach has not released yet and provide the fuller breakdown and programming of those skill sets. While the WODs are great, let's face it lots of people struggle in adapting them to their current strength / skill levels and get a little lost at times. The people around the middle would probably be doing the same things, but the beginners and the advanced people would be getting more detail where they need it perhaps?

i don't know - just something that occured to me, others might disagree - and Coach may or may not have the time to dedicate to something like that. Just a suggestion offered in respect.

Parth Rajguru

newguy5000, I'm not sure whether Coach Sommer would be up to that. But there are a few coaches out there that are offering online coaching for bodyweight strength training. Ido Portal and Steve Atlas come to mind. Granted, this type of service is not cheap, nor is it easy for either party. Lots of time commitment for both parties involved and for some coaches, it is not the best use of their time nor is it conducive to their goals as coaches.

newguy5000

yeah, like i said it's just an idea, which may or may not intersect with Coach's interests.

I would imagine there is something in the middle between a dedicated and time consuming 1 on 1 personal training online and the the other extreme. Perhaps this website is already that thing?

Scott Malin

While I have seen some successful online coaching services, it seems a bit out of place for what Coach has built up. If anything, I think the broadcast service would be an awesome supplement to what already exists in the forums, materials, and seminars.

Cole Dano
coreathlete said:
While I have seen some successful online coaching services, it seems a bit out of place for what Coach has built up. If anything, I think the broadcast service would be an awesome supplement to what already exists in the forums, materials, and seminars.

Yes, folks we have to be realistic about this.

Luke Searra

I WOULD ALSO GLADLY PAY TO WATCH REMOTELY. I also considered moving to Scottsdale.

Razz

Great idea Coach!

Sascha Faltinger

dear online-coach! :-)

i love your site. i can learn so much through your book and information on this side. if there is any possibility to see the workouts on internet i would also take an ago and would pay to get more information about your great knowledge. if not, i wish all the happy guys who live near your schedule a great time with you. thank you for your great support and insider information. i am learning so much of you. would not make such progress without you. thanks coach

stevewilmas

I would also pay to watch live or download the session weekly or several times a week!