More dreaming

Started by FritsMB Mansvelt Beck, October 28, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,666 Views

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Sometimes you get lucky. Like me with my dream machine (for the engineers among us: ring pulley system). It just happens that with my DM my current level of strength balance and coordination allows me to train (series of 3 to 5 repetitions) of the long coveted (5 star or 6 star) ring moves from the BtGB book. Wow! It feels like winning the lottery. Only much better. After all, I did put in quite a bit of hard work to get this far (i.e. being able to do these 5 star moves with only 50% to 60% of my body weight and a lot of balancing help from the DM). Hopefully I can inspire you to try his out too. Here is a clip of me doing a series of pelican-to-HS-to-pelican moves:

cJh1pZ51iTE

Joshua Naterman

Not bad, young man!

Rings

You seem like a DM salesman! :lol:

Kidding...,the DM is an awesome tool,I love it.

Now,I use it more for straight arm work. Maltese press to Pl,is a short move but I try involve my trapezium.BL press to maltese still far for me with straight arms yet.

Other cool exercice I did is Fl to support to 3 IC press to support to FL...3 times.

I don´t know,I see vids like this one and I try to emulate some moves (from my level):

Straight arms always present!

keep working.

Cheers

Maddened

My goodness that's brilliant. Both the equipment and your routine. But more the DM! I have a height clearance problem in my apartment so I had been wondering how to set up my rings such that I can do inverted moves and normal ones (eventually since I'm struggling with pushups now even) without having to take down and set up my rings all the time! Where can I get my hands on this?? (Something for the future....)

EDIT: Ok, I have looked around and I know better now what the DM is and what it does. Just wondering if I wanted to change it such that I just need to have the rings be able to go up or down based on my positions and moves (as I have a low ceiling, as mentioned), but not sacrifice on the BW % I'm hauling (all theoretical at the moment), would a similar set-up work and how do I tackle the 2nd issue? I read that Slizzardman had an idea to make an 7-point adjustable vest to adjust the CoG, so would I be correct to say that I will place this theoretical harness around my legs (ankles?) to have 100% or close to 100% of my BW? Yea, this is all just in theory but somehow fun to think about and imagine. To think that I can use this set-up to perform malteses and iron crosses etc. is truly dreaming. Aptly named "Dream Machine". :)