Shake for work?

Started by Samuel Carr, October 27, 2011 · 10 Replies · 2,843 Views

Samuel Carr

So i just got a new job at a restaurant where I work 6 hour shifts. After 4-5 hours I get a 10 min break where I can eat, but I need to eat every 2-3 hours each day otherwise I start dropping weight. I'm in front of managers and customers the entire time so I can't throw handfuls of food in my mouth, but I was thinking i could either eat a protein bar in the bathroom/hallway really quickly or I could bring some kind of shake that I'd be able to drink whenever. Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas on how to make one?

Preferably with enough calories/carbs/protein for it to count as a meal

Joshua Naterman

I'd either eat a steak before work or have two scoops of casein and some long chain maltodextrin with either grass-fed beef tallow or grass-fed heavy cream. That's PROBABLY your best bet, with the cream being a billion times more practical than the tallow. Seriously. I should just delete the tallow.

That should last you until your break, when you can have whatever shake or healthy meal you want to get you through that last hour.

Joshua Naterman

Not bad, but don't use soy milk. Seriously.

Razz
slizzardman said:
Not bad, but don't use soy milk. Seriously.

true dat. Make it with whey or casein.

Samuel Carr

Alright thanks I'll use that. I wish you could order their super shake guide book without signing up for their whole system

Joshua Naterman

It is really, really simple.

Choose healthy fats of your choice, choose protein of your choice (not soy), and according to them choose an antioxidant source of your choice. Raw cocoa, berries of your choice, whatever you like. I'm sure they have tons of recipes but just throw stuff in the blender!

My favorites are full fat kefir and vanilla protein, or sometimes chocolate protein with raw cocoa nibs. I tend to eat the nibs separately, but that's me. I like them a lot.

In the end you just make a shake with the digestive and nutritional qualities you are looking for ( in your case, slow digesting carbs and proteins and fats) and get that stuff into a blender! They can advertise all they want, but in the end that's what you need.

Samuel Carr

Just made an experimental shake with frozen berries, half a banana, spinach, almonds, vanilla casein powder, and water and it was delicious

Joshua Naterman

I am loving my spinach shakes myself!

Falcon

I just had an experimental morning-after-party-shake - about 7 ice cubes, banana, banana whey (12g) (sweet overkill), milk (not fullfat, with fullfat milk it would be sooo freaking perfect), a bit of glucose and rest of shaker bottle filled with water.

All I have to say is: http://images.memegenerator.net/instanc ... 398728.jpg

I will experiment with this even further, it was so damn good.