What's my BF%?

Started by Quick Start Test Smith, October 27, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,651 Views

Quick Start Test Smith

I can't predict BF% to save my life. But (despite that) I'd guess that I'm around 13-14%. Can you tell?

This is a picture of me:

online1.jpg

The image makes me look a bit leaner than I am, but I'd still like to hear your estimation.

I weigh 170-175 lbs by the way.

Edward Smith

No one here can seriously predict your BF% by looking at a picture.

Anyone suggesting any numbers is merely guessing.

EDIT: Patrick, I didn't mean to be rude and my apologies if it came of that way to you, just being blunt.

viewty

Go down to a gym where there's some PTs working and ask one of them if they can do a proper assessment. Offer them a little cash in hand and most will be willing.

swarovski

invest few bucks on an accu-measure caliper. not too bad and I believe "accurate" enough, much cheaper than a scale after all.

http://www.accumeasurefitness.com/

Quick Start Test Smith

ed x - no problem :D I have known some people to be able to estimate very accurately, but it would be more accurate if I got some sort of caliper device anyway.

Thanks for the link, swarovoski. I actually have one of those, and it said I was 12% but I don't believe it. I'll settle with 12-13%, though until I can get a better measurement.

Thanks guys.

Aaron Griffin
Patrick Smith said:
Thanks for the link, swarovoski. I actually have one of those, and it said I was 12% but I don't believe it. I'll settle with 12-13%, though until I can get a better measurement.

I'd actually say closer to 15% - abs are visible, but not fully defined, and I see little oblique or serratus anterior definition

Blairbob

I know there are a few fitness bodybuilding forums that do this a lot. I would estimate closer to 10% but it's been a long time since I knew my body fat percentages exactly. 10 years or so in college.