I'm a swimmer and was wondering if there are any swimmers here on the boards who have been following Coach's program for awhile. Also, has the Gymnastic Strength Training™ improved any of your stroke times etc.
I'm asking because I just started doing some of the beginners exercises. So far I can do:
L-sit: 20 secs
Tucked L-sit: 40 secs
Tucked front lever: 10 secs (limited by my shoulders yelling in pain at me, so I usually do it for 5 secs rather than ten)
Handstand on wall: 40 secs
5x2 HeadSPUs
15x2 Pullups
20x2 Chinups
2x2 One Arm Pullups (assisted)
20x3 situps
20x3 pushups
i don't really have a routine i just try to do as much as i can without straining. TIA for any tips on routine or which skills to work on. i usually rest on sat & sun. i swim mon, wed, fri mornings and sat sun evenings.
my main goal is to build the strength and endurance to make me a better swimmer.