This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

(Coach please comment) Improved routine

Started by gymrob, February 4, 2008 · 2 Replies · 965 Views

gymrob

Hi again :) ,

Here is my routine (I am working for strength and power):

Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday.

4X a week

(SETS: REPS)

Warm up: jogging variations, then dynamic stretching

Workout 1: (Sunday, amd Wednesday)

Skills first: Planche holds sets to reach 60s

Front lever pullups: 3X3

Dips (weighted): 4X4

Pullups (weighted): 4X4

Rows (weighted): 3X5

Pistols Assisted (weighted): 4X4

Sprints: 3X100m

Hyperextensions: 4X5

Ab wheel rollouts: 4X4

Static stretching

Workout 2: (Monday and Thursday)

Skills first: Front lever holds sets to reach 60s

Planche pushups: 3X3

Dips (weighted): 4X4

Pullups (weighted): 4X4

Rows (weighted): 3X5

Pistols Assisted (weighted): 4X4

Sprints: 3X100m

Hyperextensions: 4X5

Ab wheel rollouts: 4X4

Static stretching

I think I will stick with the same exercises for like 6 weeks before changing exercises. What do you think. Is it ok?

Thank you :D

Raizen

Haha this routine looks dangerously similar to mine, with a few differences in exercises and schedule template. I think you've done a wonderful job in balancing all the general muscular systems of the body. I might suggest increasing to a 4 day per week plan, but only if you feel you would make greater gains that way, as the most important thing is to make sure you arent too broken down to actually perform and improve the skills themselves. I also noticed that you improved on the order in which you perform your exercises and most importantly stretches. Very well done.

Ortprod

No rest day? I would say that even doing a little bit of work every day can eventually burn you out, but if you insist on doing this type of volume you should knock 1 set off of each exercise. Considering that you most likely don't just go to sleep right after a workout.

Just my opinion.

I have been there though. You may find yourself doing something SUPER easy and then you get something like a neck pull (my injury from doing a basic cartwheel) that puts you out of commission for a week or so.