Mindfullness

Started by RatioFitness, October 24, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,317 Views

RatioFitness

Does anyone here practice mindfulness? I've recently gotten interested in this after reading about some research on it's benefits. Here are three good videos if you are unfamiliar with it.

sf6Q0G1iHBI

3nwwKbM_vJc

rSU8ftmmhmw

I'm interested in hearing others experiences, tips, ect. with practicing mindfulness.

Gavin Strelitz

I meditate every night for thirty minutes in a Zen style (Zazen, Shikantaza) and have been doing this for many years. If you want to start a meditation practice it is very important to find the correct vehicle or form of meditation that works for you. The benfits are certainly there and it is well worth the effort.

Cole Dano

There are many variations on the theme, which is as old as human culture. It works plain and simple, but as Gavin says, its important to find the method that works for you, and i'd add not to try to force yourself into one that doesn't fit.

I meditated regularly for many years, the mindfulness (at least my definition of it) became sort of natural, and at that point i just didn't feel the need for the formal practice anymore, though i do it when the mood strikes.

RatioFitness

Mindfulness isn't synonymous with meditation. Meditation is just one way to be mindful.

Cole Dano

yes!