Legs!!! Frequency?

Started by johnboy25, October 24, 2011 · 3 Replies · 6,011 Views

johnboy25

Hey, I have recently purchased the Buiulding a Gymnast body.....What a book!! However I have begun formulating my workouts more constructively following the book. Today I did Static Planche work then static front lever work followed by 3 sets of each of following...... 2 Pulling exercises 2 Presses 1 core and deck squats. Is this adequate and also I found this didnt really puch my legs at all.....What ideas do people have reference my program but mainly any ideas on Leg training format, such as sets reps and how many exercises?

Thanks for your time guys!

Blairbob

Deck squats are something I would consider are pretty easy.

You can either weight them or do some type of SLS.

Or just do some barbell leg training. It will depend on what you want to do and what equipment you have or don't have. Or one of the Leg WOD's in GB

johnboy25

Thanks man,,,, Yeh Deck squats are very easy!! Might try them waited or one legged!!

What leg work do you do?

JJ

Blairbob

I do the barbell strength lifts and olympic lifts.

In a gymnastics gym I'll also do jumping SLS or sled pulls, box jumps or "Bounders", single leg sprints or vault sprints, back tucks, etc.