Supinated Hang Issue

Started by Martin Jones, October 24, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,337 Views

Martin Jones

Hello all,

I am currently focusing on basic positions and holds. However, when performing supinated grip hangs my right arm has a tendency to rotate inwards when the arm is extended. This causes concerning discomfort in the forearm/elbow. Can anyone shed light on this? Is it a flexibility issue or a joint weakness issue?

Regards,

BlueLion

Aaron Griffin

Just to be clear, we're talking about a "chin-up" grip hang, yes?

I have a similar issue, and as far as I know, it's related to shoulder rotator and lat tightness.

I've been supplementing with this stretch, but trying to keep my palms facing upward when doing it.

Martin Jones

Thanks for your input phrak.

Yes, I'm referring to a chin up grip hang. How have you found your progress after implementing specific stretches?

Regards,

BlueLion

Aaron Griffin
BlueLion said:
Yes, I'm referring to a chin up grip hang. How have you found your progress after implementing specific stretches?

Well, initially the hang hurt my wrists a bit. I've been doing that stretch and adding in 3x20s chin-up hangs every workout. No major changes yet, but I've been at it for ~5 workouts