I realize this might be "small potatoes", but I find this interesting and I thought I would throw this one out to gain some insight from all you forum people. Thanks.
Goals: Full ROM HSPU, OAC, heaviest pistol i can manage, rehab/build chest (very minor chest injury), get a nice heavy swing. Then perhaps move on to some gymnastic feats, FL, PL, ring work, etc.
Where I Am: HSPU below parallel maybe 3 inches for 3-4 reps, chin+85lbs 1RM, assisted OAC while holding support around abs during deadhang x2reps, 70lb 1RM pistol (probably more, 5x2 of 60lbs in less than 10min the other day), 80lb swing x 10 reps pretty well, did 5x10 plus 5x10 planched ring pushups the other day in 10 min. I'm 5'9'', 127-130lbs. Eating paleo, just started on grass fed beef, great stuff, try it.
In short, I am now unable to recover from what I do in the gym in the short amount of time I had allotted, and so the long awaited jump to training "less but harder" is here. I like the idea of ABA-BABing sessions. So, now I have three plans that are all very similar, I know. They are movements I like and I think will keep giving me the results I am looking for. So, my question is: What are the differences? Are there any considerations I should be thinking about that I have missed? Stuff like: One plan would be full-body, so that plan will give me a better neuroendocrine response, right? Little things, I know. But, I think we all love to wring value out of things. Let me know if I am overthinking, but at least I have narrowed it way down.
Plan 1: Mon-HSPU/SLS Wed-Chin/Swing (w/chest) Fri-HSPU/SLS
Plan 2: Mon-Chin/SLS Wed-HSPU/Swing (w/chest) Fri-Chin/SLS
Plan 3: Mon-HSPU/Chin Wed-SLS/Swing (w/chest) Fri-HSPU/Chin
*the following week the days flip-flop, mon/fri is now only wed, wed is now mon/fri etc...
Maybe the chest work can be moved, I just like to superset it with swings. Also, this is to say nothing of sets and reps or anything like that. I like the idea of one day being max strength and the other being volume/dynamic. Anyhow, as far as the general outline I wonder about things like being able to recover from the pressing, a couple of plans have that at 3 days per week. Or warm ups, doing upper one day and lower the other make warmups easier. Please, let me know what you think, I am very interested to hear what you have to say. Thanks again.
*BTW- I've never seen a poll, so I thought I would add one. Pretty cool.