Hi, so I started doing gymnastics around 3-4 months ago, just turned 14 this month, when I started I weighted around 165 lbs and wasn't able to hold even half an L-sit, now I weight 135, I did put on some muscle in the process since now I can hold an L-sit for 30 secs, do a muscle up (haven't tried how many I can do in a row) and do about 5 wide grip L-sited pullups. I love gymnastics its a great sport, it's very demanding physically and even though I am happy with the results I still feel I am kinda heavy for some things, and since most of the fat I have left is around my waist and my thighs I feel like it will cause some problems for when I start progressing for levers and straddle handstands, which I am currently unable to do so I decided to ask around in this forum since my cousin showed me the book and I think the exercises and progressions in it are amazing (Amazing work by Coach Sommers!). What kind of diet can I do to lose some weight?
Need help with a diet!
Started by Jacobo250, October 21, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,330 Views
How did you lose 30 pounds?
Have you had your growth spurt yet? I've known guys who went from like 5'7 to 6' and
leaned out a lot just because of that. That may just happen on its own if you are patient.
You need to be careful about dieting too much when you are still developing.
Mid section fat is normally the last to go, and not easy to drop. Anyway, if you
are strong enough you shoud be able to work with it. 135 is not heavy at all.
Probably because of a change of lifestyle, started eating healthy and gymnastics helped greatly so I lost all that weight, don't know if ill grow more, my mom and dad both are small (i'm taller than my mom, around 1m 65cm) and also i'm from a latin country, we're not really that tall here.