This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111020

Started by Coach Sommer, October 20, 2011 · 8 Replies · 1,852 Views

Coach Sommer

IAGMcEoDbg0

Complete four rounds:

2 Front Pulls

9 Yewkis

2 Front Pulls

7 L-sit Chin-ups

2 Front Pulls

5 XR Bulgarian Rows

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) Choose another variation from the MPPu family if Yewkis are too demanding.

4) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds

5) Scale these movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

Alvaro

today substituted with slizzard´s pull up method (for the weak and below :? )

3X10 pull ups changing grips

added front pulls in between each series.

right now I am performing 27 , 3 reps didn´t count. one month ago I changed from 2X10 and every week I am advancing 1 or 2 reps :D .

I´ll be doing this as pull up day till I can perform something close to 10X10. (I´ll be testing)

Squatchy

4 rounds

2 FP's (usually around flat tuck, with moving closer towards half lay on the negatives)

9 Front Lever Pulls (tried yewkis but needed to scale down)

2 FP's

7 L-sit chins

2 FP's

5 Bulgarian Rows (feet elevated)

Started to fail on the last round and had to take a quick break during a couple of the exercises

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-Req Warmup A

WOD:4 rounds

2 Front Pulls-Tuck Negatives(5s)

9 Body Rows/145 degree body angle

2 Front Pulls-Tuck Negatives(5s)

7 Chin-ups/5 pallet band

2 Front Pulls-Tuck Negatives(5s)

5 Pull ups/5 pallet band

NOTES:

-This was, how shall I put this, a beautiful disaster :). My grip/forearms was/were extra fried today for some reason, so had to add an extra pallet band after foolishly trying 2 rounds w/4 bands for chins and jumping for the pull ups. Adding the band gave me about 4-5min rest between rounds 2-3, still killer.

-Also was just feeling really crappy...slight headache and a little nauseous(ironic since I'm still sleeping well lately), which, let's just say, did not decrease with hanging upside down for the front pulls :). But, nothing hurt so I plowed through. We shall see if that was wise soon enough.

swap01

Is there a difference between a L-Sit Chin up and a L-Sit pull-up? I know that some places use them interchangeably and others don't.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused on Shoulders & Elbows

4 Rounds:

2 Front Pulls (Red Elastic)

Rest 30s

9 Yewkis (Black Elastic)

Rest 30s

2 Front Pulls (Red Elastic)

Rest 30s

7 L-Sit Chinups

Rest 30s

2 Front Pulls (Red Elastic)

Rest 30s

5 XR Bulgarian Rows (Body started to floor)

Rest 2-3 mins

Stretched as needed.

Note: I broke once in each set of Chinups had trouble to keep L-sit mostly in bottom position I don't know how I can fix this.. :( :?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
swap01 said:
Is there a difference between a L-Sit Chin up and a L-Sit pull-up? I know that some places use them interchangeably and others don't.

Position of Hands is the difference.

Christian Sørlie

The chin ups are for days you are feeling sad...

Get that chin up :roll:

Cole Dano
Christian said:
The chin ups are for days you are feeling sad...

Get that chin up :roll:

Keep your day job Christian :roll: :roll: :roll: