Hello everyone,
I've been training on the BtGB stuff for a little over a year now, but I'm a bit frustrated at how little progress I've made. What I really want to train are the FL and planche progressions, and while I can hold an adv. frogstand for a bit of time, I can do niether a tuck FL nor a tuck planche. I believe the problem is mostly my lacking core strength, so I've been working very hard on my lsit but am very frustrated. This is the third SSC i've done with a low l-sit. I started holding it at 3 seconds, and in a little over half a year I can only hold it for 6 seconds with my feet barely off the ground. Last week I had the idea to rest my feet on a box while on my parralletes so that i was in an Adv. lsit position, and then practice doing single leg lifts. I felt them in my stomach but even more so in my hips and the backs of my legs, like it was a stretch as well as a strength exercise. I did this 3 times last week, after each training session, and on monday this week I noticed that on my first set of lsits, i was able to lift my legs noticibly higher. But after that all my lsits went back to their barely-off-the-floor position. I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or could suggest other supplemental exercises that could help. I only do 3 sets of lsit holds twice a week; i tried doing sets equalling a minute but found it to be too tiring as well as time-consuming. Should I try 5 sets instead? And should I work more on my tuck BL in order to build stength for the tuck planche? Is it unreasonable for me to think a girl (with no gymnastics background) could build the strength nessecary for a tuck planche or FL? Or am I just being too impatient?
Thanks for the help!
Erin